All Getting Started Kits include installation and activation information. You can find this in your Xfinity folder.
Activate Your Equipment Using an App
If you’re activating Xfinity xFi Pods or an Xfinity xFi Gateway (with the exception of the xFi Fiber Gateway, Arris X5001), you can use the Xfinity app for easy activation. After setup, you can use the Xfinity app for management of your home network. To determine the type of Gateway you have, check the make and model information located on the bottom of your device. You can also sign in to My Account and select Devices.
- Download the Xfinity app for free from Google Play or the App Store.
- Sign in using your Xfinity ID and password. If you don’t have one, you can create one from the sign-in page.
- Note: If you’re activating a Gateway, you might be prompted to start the activation as soon as you sign-in. If you aren’t prompted, proceed to step 3.
- Once you're signed in, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the Xfinity app.
- Select Activate xFi Gateway or Modem under the Devices section.
- If you’re activating xFi Pods, select Activate xFi Pods under the Devices section.
Note: You can also begin the activation of a Flex TV Streaming Box using the Xfinity app . For more information, see Xfinity Flex Activation Process Overview.
Activate Your Equipment Online
If you’re activating Xfinity Internet, Voice or any TV services other than X1, you can easily activate your equipment online.
- Connect your Internet, Voice and/or TV equipment and turn it on.
- Go online to Xfinity.com/activate for easy step-by-step activation instructions.
- If you’re activating your Xfinity Mobile device, go to xfinitymobile.com/activate.
For additional information, see Getting Started Kit Installation Videos and Guides or visit Xfinity.com/selfinstall. For step-by-step instructions on setting up Internet service, see Install and Activate Your New Gateway or Modem.
Activate Your Equipment on Your TV
If you’re activating an X1 TV Box, see how to activate Xfinity X1. Learn more about activating your X1 equipment. If you’re activating a Flex streaming TV Box, see Xfinity Flex Activation Process Overview.
Below are some additional resources that will help you use your Xfinity services and manage your account:
- Find your channel lineup.
- Search Xfinity TV and Xfinity On Demand.
- Find your account number.
- What to expect with your first bill.
- Set up automatic payments.
Need More Help with Your Self-Installation?
- Explore videos, search FAQs and get troubleshooting support at Xfinity.com/selfinstall.