U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 26th, 2022 7:43 PM

Closed

X app Doesn't Work on Iphone

New Customer. Downloaded the X app on iphone. Cannot log in. Spent over 6 hours with Xfinity tech support and still not working. Just goes back to sign in screen. Tried changing my default browser to Chrome. Talked to Apple support 2 times and they said it's the app that has an issue.

I do not have any control over my wifi. Tried signing in multiple times. Deleted app and reinstalled app over 20 times. Reset all my network settings on iphone.

Can no longer control my wifi on your website because it's been taken off. I have no solution to control my wifi.

I am going around in circles being transferred to different departments and with no solution of fix.

Please add back the option to control your wifi on your Xfinity website.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

2 years ago

@user_39efd2 Thank you for reaching out and bringing this concern to our attention. We would be more than happy to look into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve been having the same issues with app on iPhone. I can log in via iPad and computer without issues.  Xfinity needs to check this out. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Has this been resolved yet?  I am going through the same issues.  Xfinity app on my iphone won't log me in.  Tech support yesterday couldn't help.  No combination of phone resets, app re-downloads, password resets, etc. seem to help.  I have a technician coming to the house today because I cannot activate my new modem - need the xfinity app.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @SChimahusky. Were you able to get services up and running? Were you also able to get access to the app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am having same issues. And it’s for all my iPhone apps. iPad works, but I get warning of expired certificates and to not sign in.

and I can’t control my wifi now !! 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@Telejug1​ meaning all Xfinity iPhone apps not “all”

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Any fixes for this, because I am having the same issue for the past 7 days. Xfinity account app not working on any of our mobile devices in the house (iPhone 8, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, and iPad). We either can't get to the sign on page, or on other devices, can get to sign on but won't actually sign us on and instead we get either a Safari error that the server is not responding, or it says it can't sign on and then goes right back to the sign on screen. We have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and updated to most recent iPhone software with no luck.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_3c19a2! We're happy to help. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Funny enough, we had a technician come out to set up our Wi-Fi since I couldn’t get into the app to do it myself. (It took almost two hours of “tech support” through text message for it to be scheduled). As soon as the technician got the modem up and working I was able to get in to the app.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having a similar issue and am scanning these posts for solutions. The app sends me into a continuous loop. Am SO VERY frustrated. I expect similar results when attempting to send a private support request. I can't complete internet activation and have to scramble to find secure internet from other sources to complete business tasks. How can I complete the process without going through the app? Like other customers, I've tried different browsers, cleared cache, and reinstalled app multiple times. What else can be done before I quit completely? Had to drop my long-standing provider when I recently moved. At this point I don't agree that Xfinity is the better internet option for this area. So glad I didn't change my phone plan to Comcast/Xfinity.

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

Hello @user_2b1601, thank you for reaching out to our Digital Team. This is not the experience we want you to have, and I can understand the frustration this would cause. You have reached the right team to help!

Please send us a direct message with your first and last name and address to get started.

To send a direct message: 

1. Sign into the community. 
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to our private message inbox 
  3. Click the New Message icon. 
  4. Enter Xfinity Support in the Send to field. 
  5. Type the reply in the Message box. 
  6. Click Enter to send your message. 
  7. You can see your back-and-forth messages with any user by clicking the messages. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Facing the same issue. Contacted the support and they said that its going to take 2 hours to get everything up and running. I tried to ping the servers through my PC and the IPs doesn't seem to work. Is there anything which Xfinity is not telling us?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It's not working for IOS or Android.  I have no control over my WiFi settings.

I am now thinking of getting my own modem and router, as xFi Complete seems to be a waste of money for our house--especially since I cannot access our router settings.  I set up a newer xFi modem/router a couple of months ago, and there are still dead spots in our 1300 sq ft house.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_ab9d5e​ True. Seems like something is going on with Xfinity. As I mentioned, I tried all 3 IPs and tried to ping but everytime it timed out. Something is fishy which Xfinity is not telling us. I am bent to raise a request with Xfinity to get the information. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The App isn’t working t's not working. I have no control over my WiFi settings.

For all this money we are paying and the app is the only way we can control the WiFi 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello everyone! We appreciate you all reaching out to let us know about this login issue you are experiencing. This is a known issue at this time and our teams are currently working as quickly as possible to make repairs to the app. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ Is there any sort of workaround we can use in the meantime to unpause our internet? Can you also spread the word to the other Xfinity employees asking us to reinstall the app or restart our phone?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ is there an ETA when it will be fix… and is there another way we can control our devices on a website like before the app 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue as well. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello @Supeazn316

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are happy to help. Please send a direct message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just signed up for Xfinity internet and this Broken iOS App Loop has been going on since May...  POST THE FIX IN THE THREAD. 

Nothing in the Gateway router is configurable anyways. 

I can't turn off Broadcast SSID or change my SSID/Password.  This is so far the worst service I have experienced for internet, worse than Telstra, Vodaphone, and 3...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am a long-term Xfinity customer and the app had been working fine on my iPhone 8 until about a week ago and now I have the same issue as described in other posts above with being unable to login and getting a loop of requests for ID/password and secondary verification code.  Very frustrated with having no control over the network in my house and no alternative way, such as the previous Xfinity website, to monitor activity and change settings.  Is there a solution to this problem?  I tried upgrading my phone operating system and uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity app, but no change.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@drdwcb 

Once you go to log in and it asks for the verification code, do make sure on that device that you check the box that states " remember my device"?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here