Saturday, September 24th, 2022 11:38 AM

Closed

How to unpause a device

Trying to unpause a device through my exfinity app

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_65c9e3, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums I hope you are doing well! If you click the connect tab at the bottom of the Xfinity app it should show you all the devices connected to your network. It will also show which ones are paused. Click the ones that are paused and on the next page you will see a blue bubble that says unpause. You just need to click that button and the device will be unpaused. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a device that is paused, and it is not showing up under the connect tab.

What next?

This app doesn’t seem to be running according to plan, and there’s zero help available on the Internet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ba635 thank you so much for reaching out for help with locating a paused device. There are a few points to help. If you are checking from the phone or device that is paused make sure your Wi-Fi on your phone is not set to auto-connect and that your phone data/mobile is on. Once in the app at the bottom click the connect circle icon then scroll down to devices, it will say under the device that it's paused. If you are not seeing the device in connected devices that would be correct since the connection is paused so make sure you look under devices not connected at the very bottom. To locate the device you are looking for and once you click on the device there you will have the option to un pause.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am trying to unpause two devices. In the Xfinity app there is no connect tab. What am I doing wrong?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We definitely want to help you with managing your devices. Are you using the app labeled "Xfinity App"? At the bottom of the app screen once launched and signed in, you will see "Overview", "Connect", "People", and "Security". You will want to click on the tab, "Connect".

Here is a link with all the details on how to manage your devices with the app, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I can't get help with this issue.  My phone is paused and it has my app.  How do I unpause?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_169bce You would need to disable the wi-fi on your phone and use cellular data or a different device that can access the internet to unpause your phone. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here