B

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, July 10th, 2021 6:31 PM

Closed

Hotspots app “no internet connection” when trying to sign in

Hi all,

When trying to sign in to the XFINITY hotspots app it says I have “no internet connection,” even though I am connected to the internet. 

This problem arose when two days ago I reset my network on this iPhone SE (1st gen). After resetting the network, I was still signed in the hotspots app, but was not getting internet via the same XFINITY WiFi hotspot that I am trying to connect to. Thus, I logged out to try and reset the profile, and now it just gives me that error message when trying to sign in. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, but no success. Also, I have no issues connecting to the unsecured “xfinitywifi” connection. However, when trying to connect to the “XFINITY” hotspot, a moment later it brings up the login page, and tries to direct me to download the hotspots app to login to my account on the app, but I cannot since I get the “no internet connection” message. 

Any thoughts? Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

2 years ago

@Burg7

Hi there!

If you prefer not to use the secure network, you can manually connect to the open network (xfinitywifi) without downloading the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app.

1. Using your wireless device, connect to the Xfinity WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and open your web browser.
  2. The browser will take you to the Xfinity WiFi sign-in page.
    • If you don't see the sign-in page, type in a different address, like xfinity.com.
  3. Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password and register your device.
    • You can use your primary or secondary username and password.
    • If you don’t remember one of them, we can help you find your Xfinity ID or password.

I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further and see if we can get to the bottom of your hotspot issue. If you continue to experience issues, please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of their screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there @hc13 thank you so much for reaching out to our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. I understand that you are having some issues with the Hotspot app and I am more than happy to see how we can help. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It is a little ridiculous we must use the XFINITY hotspot app to log into our XFINITY account in order to have access to the hot spot. 

Why can we not just log in to the screen that pops up a moment after selecting the XFINITY hotspot?

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

@Burg7

Hi there!

If you prefer not to use the secure network, you can manually connect to the open network (xfinitywifi) without downloading the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app.

1. Using your wireless device, connect to the Xfinity WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and open your web browser.
  2. The browser will take you to the Xfinity WiFi sign-in page.
    • If you don't see the sign-in page, type in a different address, like xfinity.com.
  3. Sign in with your Xfinity ID and password and register your device.
    • You can use your primary or secondary username and password.
    • If you don’t remember one of them, we can help you find your Xfinity ID or password.

I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further and see if we can get to the bottom of your hotspot issue. If you continue to experience issues, please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of their screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue with my iPhone X. I was trying to download the secure profile and I can’t use xfinity hotspot app, says no internet connection.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hey @user_1c1391

I appreciate you sharing this Hotspot app concern with us! I know of one of our community members was able to provide a resolution. Please let me know if it has helped. If it has not helped, please reach out to us in a peer to peer chat so that we can help! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here on iPhone XR. No internet connection when trying to sign in.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S21.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hi folks,

I figured out a resolution - at least for my iPhone SE (1st gen).

After connecting to the XFINITY hotspot and the login pop up came up, I tapped on “continue without logging in,” or whatever it says just below Download App, then I tapped on the whatever button was available. From there, it gave me a profile, and said something about going to my settings to enable it, or something. I went to my iPhone Settings > General > Profile (right below VPN) and then there was the option for me to install the Profile. Now I have connection every time. 

However, the error message in the hotspot app saying I have no internet still comes up when I try signing in. Oh well, at least I have the hotspot connection. Lolz. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

613 Messages

@Burg7

I am glad to hear that you were able to get connected! We strongly recommend installing the security profile on iPhones to help with connectivity to secure XFINITY hotspots. Usually, the app does it for you. Here is a great article on the difference between the hotspots. https://comca.st/36xXcD6

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This morning i was able to download the app from the app store and start it without getting the connection error. the app functions normally but I don't have the security profile on my iPhone like I used to have. Usually, it would show up under VPN in settings if I recall.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here