U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 4:04 PM

Closed

Getting 'Sorry, that didn't go as planned' error message when signing into Xfinity app

Hello,

I am a new customer to Xfinity using my own modem/router and upon attempting to activate my internet service via the Xfinity app, I received an error message stating "Sorry, that didn't go as planned". I closed down the app, removed the app entirely and restarted my own phone multiple times but to no avail. I even waited to re-try this all the next day in case my phone was really the issue, however, this appears to not be the case as I am still receiving the same message upon login.

As a new customer, this has been extremely frustrating starting off on the wrong foot with a new internet provider as I am entirely dependent on the proper functionality of this Xfinity app. Even when this is resolved and my internet is up and running, I will remain very skeptical about this app and it's smooth running so Xfinity may lose me before they even fully have me as a customer. Additionally, I am unable to find a number to call for help to speak with a real person instead of the "24/7 chat" where I am talking to a robot. Any direction from a real person from Xfinity would be greatly appreciated so I am able to use my internet beginning yesterday.

Sincerely,

A frustrated new customer

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem. New customer too

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems while trying to activate your account with us. This is not the experience we want for you. It would be my pleasure to assist you with activating your account and service. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am a new customer having the same issue. tried https://xfinity.com/activate but it pointed to the app download page only.  Any alternative way without the app to activate my service? 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_f67875 and thread. The only self-service way to activate your service is to use the Xfinity app. The website just points back to the app as some of you saw already. We want to ensure all of you are able to activate and use your service. I am not seeing a known issue affecting the app and activation that we need to wait to be repaired.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I click sign in and get this message. No way in the app to do anything else except “retry”. I didn’t even get to officially sign in. I too have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times; cleared my cache a couple of times. I am dreading having to chat online with a third rep. I wish there was some alternative to Xfinity. They really just don’t care. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem! Not a fan!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_63e2a5. I see you are having similar issues as well. I'll be glad to assist. Can I have more details about your situation? Are you having this issue when signing with any device in the home? Do other's with a user role on the account, if any, have the same problem under their profile? Is this error message populated for you with any other Xfinity Applications? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Yep.....signed up today. Have been on chat for the last 7 hours with multiple reps being told different things. Tried factory reset, the app, doing it through the browser, changing the name and password of the modem........nothing. when trying through the browser I get error 431. This is getting silly 

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

3 years ago

Oh, no! Good morning, @user_5dbb40, and thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums, and thank you for your patience, while awaiting our response! I understand that you were having some trouble while trying to activate your new Xfinity service, through your personally owned modem, and I can most definitely imagine the concern behind this. Rest assured; you're with the pros now, and our Digital Care Team of corporate experts are here, every step of the way!

At this time, our xFi app does not support personally owned modems. Therefore, you would not be able to manage your Wi-Fi through our xFi app, unless you were renting a modem from us. Are you still experiencing trouble with trying to have your services activated? If so, can you please send us a private message, including your full name, address, model number, and serial number, off of your personally owned modem? 

You can send us a private message, by clicking on the chat icon, in the top, right hand corner of your screen. Once you click on that icon, you should be able to search for "Xfinity Support", which should then give you the ability to shoot us that message. Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing back from you! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityTyler​ what about me, with Xfinitys own modem? 😂😭

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityTyler​ This is not true. Our app supports Customer owned and Managed Devices. I will reach out directly to debug the issue.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDanielD​ I have the same problem. <Edited: Inflammatory Language> I’ve had 4 days wasted with your customer care and no solutions, just bills. Have had no internet after a change in address. Unable to activate internet!!’n 😩

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@sctritons77​ me too! It’s Xfinity’s modem I’m trying to set up but have to continue using my old modem bc I can’t get the app to work!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issues described in this post. I signed up for internet service this morning, but when I try using the app to activate I always get the “Sorry that didn’t go as planned” error after trying to sign-in. I can sign-in to my account online, so my login credentials should be good. I’ve also tried most of the common troubleshooting tricks in this situation (restart device, redownload app, etc.). 

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@user_dabca8 Are you using a personal modem or an Xfinity rental? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here, pretty pathetic.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

Hi @user_2d118c. Can you explain a little more about the issue you are having, so we can better assist you with the App concern?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I log into the Xfinity app without wifi on my cell phone. then up pops "Sorry, that didn't go as planned" only options are sign out or try again.

Very frustrating!

My own router/modem is setup, I just need to activate the internet.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_9f7354 Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please clear the cache and cookies on your device then follow the steps outlined here: https://comca.st/3sOH0ZY;

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m a new customer too and I’ve been having the same issue. This is extremely frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_0831c3! This is definitely not the way we want to start off! I love using the Xfinity app to manage my network and I want to make sure you can enjoy it as well. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

Hello - and hello to everyone responding to this post -

I want to assure you all that Customers using their own modem/ router are supported by the app, though this is a relatively new feature. I understand the frustration and hope to assist as soon as possible. Usually this error screen appears in a timeout/ slow connection scenario, but it can also appear when there are issues with how your Customer data is stored/ sent to the app.

My team is directly responsible for users with this type of service. Please reach out to me directly and I will ensure this issue is investigated for you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Dan

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityDanielD​ 

Hello, I’m having the same issue as described. Trying to activate using the app and receiving this error message. Restarted, re-downloaded app, etc etc. Seems there’s a consistent problem here. Been several days - how can I activate my internet? Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_007de2​ 

ps - I also can’t figure out how to reach out to you directly, as you requested above

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityDanielD​ 

Hello, I purchased my internet plan last night as it will be delivered to me on a specified date. When I tried to log in after that it tells me my access is not authorized or I have invalid credentials. I even contacted the live chat and they were at a loss. I live in Florida currently so there are no in person stores for me to go to, I will be moving up North shortly. My email is verified and the website/app does not work when trying to log in. It would be nice to be able to manage my account. Thank you

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forum.

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

~~~~

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having the same problem.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

Thank you so much for letting us know, we are happy to help you! Since this is an older post, are you able to go ahead and make a new one? We just want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to see this plus any results that may come from it as well. Let me know as soon as you did that and we can go from there. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also a new customer having this issue, and it is extremely annoying as someone who woeks from home. It is frankly ridiculous that in 2 days, I have gotten the same error every time I open the app, and there has not been an agent available even once. I am strongly considering switching providers if I cant get this fixed in a few days because I cannot work!

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

@Erikgoes0​ Hello - Are you using your own modem? Or an Xfinity Modem in bridge mode with your own router? Either way, you should not have this issue. Please feel free to send me a PM with your account number and I can have my team look into this for you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I picked up my Xfinity modem yesterday and am also having this issue. I agree with other customers that the Xfinity site and app seems to be full of errors, which is very frustrating. I sincerely wish there was another way to activate my devices other than the app since it appears to be useless.

I can connect to my wifi, but I'm then sent to download the app (which won't allow me to sign in) in order to activate. Even though it says I'm connected to wifi, I can't access anything online. And i know it's not activated because the Xfinity website, which i am able to log into, tells me it isn't activated. I have already tried reinstalling the app multiple times, my family has tried installing the app, and none of us can sign in so it's definitely not our phones.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_c453f8. I want to ensure you're able to activate your modem. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityStephanieK​ 

I'm also having the same issue with the new App Xfinity. I use to use the Xfinity Account App to manage my account. I've had my account for a while. I'm in the process  of switching modems and now they are requiring to the Xfinity App in order to change modems.  It was much easier even last year when you still had a way to activate the modem through the web browser and to enter your account information and or user account with associated phone number....ever since moving to this app it seems to be a big headache for you guys. It would have been much easier to keep the web browser system and offer that as an option than just an APP. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, user_96a491. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. This feedback is definitely appreciated. It would be my pleasure to look into this login issue for you. To get started, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ I’m having the same issue. I’m not a new customer and have been using the app for the past couple of years. I went on to install my new modem from Xfinity but it won’t let me sign in. I can sign in online and in the My Account app but stuck in an endless cycle of “that didn’t go as planned.” I have always installed the modems myself but this time there has been issue after issue, and the chat rep was no help! I went into your store, but the rep there didn’t understand any of the technical details I showed her from logging into my IP address to see why the first replacement didn’t work. She did give me a new modem but now the app won’t work anymore. I’m being charged extra on my mobile data bc of all these issues. So. Much. Wasted. Time. And no help!

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_a6b5b3, thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us through our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear you have been having continuous issues with your Xfinity app and modem. Please rest assure, you have reached the right team for assistance. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Getting the same errors as described in this post frustratingly.

When I try to go through the app to activate after logging in I get a “Sorry, we’re having some trouble”

Tried activating on the website and after logging in and confirming the service address it just redirects right back to the app.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_31ce1d,

We would be more than happy to assist in the sign in of the Xfinity App. Would you be able to confirm that you have our Xfinity Modem rental on the account as well as being able to access the Xfinity My Account app and web portal? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here