U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 6:40 AM

Closed

Connect Option missing on app

As the subject states, I do not have a connect option on my Xfinity app and therefore I cannot configure my own wifi network.  This here is what it looks like.

This happened after turning on bridge mode.  I did find this thread here that suggests some kind of glitch where turning on bridge mode will get rid of the ability to configure wifi on the xfi app even when bridge mode is turned off.  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-app/xfi-app-not-showing-wifi-network-settings-or-information/62ee8731461c2f487100e6c1?commentId=6328cb442ff2c66589fffa91
So far the only resolution in that is to activate a new modem which I find to be unacceptable.  As much as I would love to use my own modem for many reasons, not the least of which are unresolved issues like this.  However my package requires me to use my own modem as a condition to getting unlimited data.
Right now I need my app fixed.  I tried calling tech support multiple times and overall my experience with technical support has been nothing short of frustrating. 

The hoops I need to jump through just to talk to a human agent alone is frustrating.  I find it downright insulting that the automated system tries to defer me to the "Xfinity Assistant" which can "solve most problems".  Listen, I work in IT and I have been managing my home network for 20+ years now. If I have to call technical support, my problem is not something that your little chatbot is able to find a solution to.
Secondly, when I do finally get connected to a human agent, they always tell me to do things I tried a million times already like resetting my router, logging out and back into the app, and reinstalling the app.  I've also been told that "within 24 hours the problem will be fixed".  It's been many 24 hour periods and it's still not fixed!

Another thing I'm told is I can manage my wifi settings by logging into my router's configuration at 10.0.0.1.  Well guess what, that doesn't work either!  I can't configure anything on there as I get deferred to the broken app!  Here is what it says when I try to configure my wifi.

I was also told that a ticket was sent to Tier 3 support and I would get a call back the next day.  It's been a week now and no call back!  I had to call myself and get fed the same "Rest assured your problem will be solved in 24 hours" line.

Another thing agents tell me is I can change my wifi settings on Xfinity's website, but that to defers me to the app.
Really, what's it going to take to get this problem fixed? I am sick of being fed all these lies!  This is clearly a glitch on Xfinity's end that I have no way to solve myself short of using my own equipment, which again I can't do without losing my unlimited data as part of the bundle agreement I'm on. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

An update:  My app is fixed now.  I did not do anything to fix it, it just started working on it's own.  Here is what it looks like now.

Funny how after nearly 2 weeks of back and forth with technical support and now it suddenly works not long after making my post last night. 

If anyone from Xfinity fixed this behind the scenes I thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_8d3fb6uio Thank you for updating us that this issue has been resolved, and I'm sorry to hear that you have been having this type of frustration with managing your wifi network. It sounds like the Xfinity Assistant may have created a ticket when you called in that helped resolve the issue.  Please feel free to reach out to us here anytime for assistance with your services. Our team is very knowledgeable and here to help. I hope you have a great day and make the rest of your week amazing. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

This is crazy. I have the same issue where my Xfinity app on ANY iOS device does not display the Wifi, Security or Services buttons. I also turned off Bridge mode but nothing has changed despite having 6 hours of calls and chats today. Maybe it takes more time to impact the app? Hey Comcast - can you help me out here???

1 Message

8 months ago

Same here I can't  control my network. I try everything  and contact customer service.  :( 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hey, @user_3c0b48! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear that you are running into this issue when trying to manage your network work through the app. We will certainly need to take a closer look into this to see if can get the app working as it should. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having the same problem.  I switched to bridge mode on the gateway, the app changed so that wifi configuration was not available (which makes sense as bridge mode turns off the Gateway's internal router). After a day I decided to turn off bridge mode and just stay with the Xfinity router built into the gateway. The gateway reset and is working perfectly again as a modem+router, wifi is running again in the gateway, my devices are connecting, etc. Unfortunately, the app interface did NOT revert back. I am using the Gateway, not in bridge mode, wifi is working fine, signal is fine.  BUT the iOS app interface is stuck in the limited bridge mode interface, even though the the Gateway is NOT in bridge mode.  Which means I can't configure the Wifi at all with the app.  

1st Comcast call  - person had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about, had me plug unplug, sent 'signals', basically said wait and see if it changes. 

2nd Comcast chat - ~2 hours chatting - first told me lots of users had this and the 'wonderful engineers' had a 'patch'.  Then had me plug and unplug, log out and reinstall the app.  Same problem.  Eventually told me someone would call me.

3rd - Comcast call - 2 hours talking - supposedly 'tier 2' support.  Based on language they used I don't think this person ever really did understand.  Kept talking about my signal. Had me plug and unplug, sent signals to my router, reprovisioned the router, had me uninstall and reinstall my app.  Nothing. Told me they were working with a supervisor and we needed to now escalate to 'software engineering'.  After a lot more time on hold they said software engineering wanted to first dispatch a technician to work on my signal problem.  I don't have a signal problem, gateway is working great, wifi is working great, fast download and upload speeds.  So I am waiting now on a tech who I'm sure I don't need. 

4th - surprise phone call from advanced support - this lady understood even less. She kept asking me about the light on the box, wanted me to unplug, asked which devices weren't working, asked what I saw on my TV (what????), asked if I could connect to the wifi, etc.  I kept explaining, the GATEWAY IS UP AND RUNNING, I AM CONNECTED TO WIFI, CONNECTION WORKING FINE, THE PROBLEM IS MY IOS APP DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO CONFIGURE THE WIFI.  I tried to explain to her that the app seems to be stuck in the gateway bridge mode UI. I don't think she ever understood any of this.  Eventually she told me should would call back tomorrow lets wait and see what happens.  Right.  

Let me explain what is actually happening.  Xfinity on the server side is showing my Gateway in Bridge Mode.  On my side, it is certainly not in Bridge mode.  I'm in fact on Wifi from the gateway and I only have one router in the house, the one inside the Gateway.  And the Gateway is showing disabled, showing the wifi on, etc. etc.  So the App when it starts must go server side and get the status, which is not refreshed on the Xfinity side.  So the question is, how to trigger that refresh on the Xfinity side.  

For all of you who read this --- think VERY carefully before putting your Gateway into Bridge mode because if you have to go back and turn off bridge mode, your app may not revert back (because their server may show you are in Bridge mode when you are not) and seemingly nobody at Xfinity can help you (or even understand what you are talking about).  

Update: the sixth person I talked to, on chat, someone named Katie - actually understood the terminology, she actually got it.  After explaining she checked and sure enough even though on my side for sure I have Bridge mode disabled, on her side it still shows Enabled.  She texted me: 

"I am trying to disable the bridge mode on my end for you since your is always showing disabled, but my side shows enabled. What I'm thinking we try is have me try to turn off bridge mode on my end, then reprovision the modem to help everything settle in. Then, I can rerun a check to confirm it shows bridge mode disabled and have you try the app again to see if that works. I am going to give this a try now to see if this helps out!" 

THIS FIXED THE PROBLEM.  I cancelled the tech appt I had, which I knew was more waste of time.  It just took me trying over and over (and over) until I got someone, the sixth support person, who had enough knowledge to actually understand what a Bridge was, that I had it disabled and notice it was showing enabled on the Xfinity side, manually adjust it and boom - app works again!  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_a90b3d Thank you again for taking the time to work with me and my team on this! We know having the correct interface displayed in the app is crucial for your internet management, so I am so glad we got things back to how they needed by having me disable bridge mode on my end paired with the provisioning signal. Things should be smooth sailing from here on out! If you ever need us again, just make a new post, or comment on a thread of the same issue, and me, my team, and entire community here will make sure you're all taken care of!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here