Monday, June 3rd, 2024 3:19 AM

App buffering

Why does paramount+ buffer so much?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there,

user_9beu2s, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your app issues. We definitely want to ensure that you can enjoy all of the programs on Paramount+. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. Are you having issues watching the app on your X1 platform? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? 

1 Message

Xfinity Stream app constantly buffers especially at the end of TV programs.  Xfinity is supposed to be world class company & your streaming app is horrible compared to all other streaming services.  I have Disney+, Amazon Prime, Netflix, MAX, Paramount+, Peacock, Pluto, etc.  Please note all the streaming services work perfectly, without buffering, even when streaming 4K content.  This means that the fault is not bandwidth / router setup that I receive from you. 

THIS MEANS THE CONSTANT BUFFERING IS BECAUSE YOUR STREAMING APP IS INFERIOR TO ALL OTHER STREAMING SERVICES APPS.  YOU STATE YOU ARE A WORLD CLASS COMPANY, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR STREAMING APP TO BE AT LEAST AS GOOD AS ALL OTHER SERVICES.  ALSO, PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO ALL THE PEOPLE INFORMING YOU THAT YOUR STREAMING APP IS BUFFERING THAT IT IS A BANDWIDTH OR SETUP ISSUE.  PLEASE SHOW US YOU ARE A WORLD CLASS COMPANY AND UPGRADE YOUR STREAMING APP.   THANK YOU. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_xww0t6, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Stream App. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

One big different between the applications is that the Xfinity Stream App is livestreaming content where others are using catalogs of content that has the ability to buffer to provide a smoother stream depending on the Internet connection. If you are experiencing issues, it could be due to network connectivity issues.

Could you please provide additional information about what device you are using, firmware, app version, content attempting to be watched and if you experience issue with watching Live TV and OnDemand content?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here