Tatyana1's profile

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 2:56 AM

Closed

Advanced security question

In my Xfinity app I tried enabling advanced security (not security for home but for my network)  but it doesn't seem to work. I don't particulary want that feature but I was just trying to see what it does, however it doesn't work meaning it won't change status from off to on. Anyone can shine some light on this? 

Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for the post @Tatyana1 and for reaching out to our team over our Forums. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with our app, and we are here to help.  Have you attempted to uninstall the app then reinstall it to see if that helps?

4 Messages

1 year ago

I currently have the same problem. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and nothing changed. 

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hi there! Do you have one of our Xfinity Modems? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Yes I have the xb6 modem. I’ve reset and still have the same issue. 

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

1 year ago

This is probably another Xfinity app hick up. Like I said I don't really want advanced security but its funny how the reps here pretend they never heard about the issue, I'm sure its a known issue that Comcast is not willing to admit just like  many other issues in the past. I had other problems with the app and no one was able to fix anything, I even reached out to the highest tier and nothing was done. When it comes to the app, they cannot fix it.  When Xfinity XFI had a website it was much better and everything worked once everything got moved to the app, its terrible now.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for your response and whenever you are ready for help our team is here. We truly appreciate your feedback, and we are always making changes to improve our apps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here