IlliniInDG's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, February 7th, 2022 2:14 AM

Closed

Zero Contrast, Messed Up Guide, Dark 4K

Would like to enjoy all of this 4K Olympic coverage, but I'm having a terrible time getting a good looking 4K picture.  When I switch to 4K the guide is barely legible, colors are off and everything is extremely dark.  

I found an older thread that suggested I switch off of the "Best Available" display resolution, but that hasn't made a difference.  Has anyone had any luck with anything else?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

2022 Olympic Winter Games

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

And still no response from anyone from Comcast…

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@IlliniInDG

Hey there! The Olympics are a big deal for us too and we want you to be able to cheer on your favorite athlete in 4k! I  am happy to help. Have you tried power cycling your box be removing the connections from the back for 10-15 seconds? This will help ensure you have a fresh connection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I'm also having this issue. Tried this, but the menu is still hard to read when on the 4k channel. 

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

For anyone that has a Samsung TV does this help?

On your Samsung TV Go to Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UDH Color > then turn on for the input you are using for Xfinity.

Let me know if this does anything...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here