U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 13th, 2022 1:50 AM

Closed

XRE-00088 - activation team member claimed they could not hear me and ended call after 20 mins of troubleshooting

I was recently provided a new box to replace my older hardware. Note: This is not the main “gateway” box but when finishing the set up I receive an XRE-00088 error code. I called support and confirmed the serial number of the older unit when speaking with “John” on the activation team.  He walked through the steps to reboot and send signal several times including the main box.  Eventually, he claimed he could no longer hear me on the phone despite having no issue for the 20 minutes we attempted to troubleshoot and said that he would end the call if I did not reply. My phone was not on mute and I switched to speakerphone and made another call directly after this and there was no issue with the other party hearing me. I suspect he had no other options to support me and bailed on the call as the average handle/call time was getting long with no resolution available to him. 

Any advice on what should I do now? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_baea2e
Thank you for reaching out to us here on this forum. We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail and make sure that your new equipment is working and take any feedback about this experience.
To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://comca.st/31YJfiG

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here