W

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 1:12 PM

Closed

Xi6 box question

I love how responsive this box is to remote control commands, and the fact that it can do Dolby Vision is definately an upgrade too.

My set up has an XG1V4  (DVR) 4k box and the Xi6 box.

My questions are:

1) Why is the Xi6 box behind the other box by about 15 seconds,(this is separate from the numerous other threads about timing being off and programs cut off) - in the past, whenever I had multiple boxes, regular live TV would always be within a millisecond of each other.

2) every recording I access on the Xi6 box comes from the cloud, this isn't as big of a deal as before because cloud recording are now in 5.1 sound, but it still gets me wondering.... why doesn't that box access the actual recording from the XG1V4? That's how it always worked in the past, but then again, I never had one of these "wireless" boxes before. maybe that's just how it is supposed to be, or maybe something is off, that's why i made this post.

As an added note, I am not using my Xi6 box truly wirelessly, I do have an ethernet cable plugged into it.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

5 months ago

appreciate it sir

a thorough and deep answer is always appreciated

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

westwayneguy88888, my pleasure! Thanks so much and take care! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @westwayneguy88888, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Xi8 box, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

@XfinityKrista​  I have a Xi6 box, not Xi8. (That may be a simple typo, but i don't know all your box model numbers) - I was hoping for a fellow community member to see and answer this. So at this time I don't think I want to take it offline quite yet.

I hope you understand, and have a great day.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hello there, westwayneguy88888! I understand where you are coming from. Here is some information about your questions :

1) There are many factors that can cause delays like this. Digital signals are compressed, so they do take computing time and power to become uncompressed. So you are looking at quality, HD/SD/4k as well as the brand and model of your TV and how powerful it is, Cable box type, signal strength if WiFi, quality of ethernet cable etc, all playing a factor in how long it takes to get the signal to be processed and display. 

2)The Xi6 is a cloud device, so this is as intended. 

Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Thank you Frank, #2 was definitely the question i was most interested in . And I didn't feel the need to "go private"..... so now anyone that does a search for the same issue will see your answer.

I am so glad that "cloud recordings" are now in 5.1 sound. If I was limited to 2.0 like before , that would be a deal killer when paired with a 4K video.

One follow up:

It used to be (on HD boxes) if the recording was cloud, then the picture quality would be fuzzier (softer) , or change between clear and fuzzy. With the Xi6 box, it is crystal clear, so that issue (at least on this box) seems to have been addressed.

as for #1, I can see how the cloud stuff is on a delay compared to the regular stuff. The good thing is that the commercial breaks on this device are spot on, even if on every other device they are off by 30 seconds (discussed at length in numerous other threads)

Frank, I want YOUR response to be marked as the solution, not Krista's....but I do not see that option under your post...

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

You're certainly welcome, I am happy to help, westwayneguy88888! Just to be clear, even when we do assist in a private setting, we normally come back to the public thread with information on fixes/updates as long as it does not involve any personal or account information specifics.

Yes, with every iteration of device and subsequent updates, the aim is to improve things overall, so our great customers get the best possible experience available. I myself have a Xi6, and it is a great improvement over the Xi5. For example, especially in response time which was immediately noticeable. The Xi5 absolutely did fit my needs when I had it though! 

Marking any response in the thread as a solution is adequate if you wish to do so. Thanks again for your question and for being with us! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here