WestPennPete's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 2:00 PM

XG2v2-P vs XG2v2-S

Hi, what is the difference between the XG2v2-P and XG2v2-S set top boxes?

Responses

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 m ago

One is made my Pace (P), one is made by Samsung (S). No functionality difference

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

Thanks for the reply @CCAndrew  I currently have a XG2v2-S.    Those were my thoughts as well.

Last week when I learned that Xfinity added CBS All Access, I thought I would try it, and I launched the app, but got a Xfinity screen telling me that I needed to upgrade my X1 equipment.   So I agreed, and it stated they would ship me an upgraded box.   Oddly enough, they shipped me a XG2v2-P.

Not understanding why I would receive the same box.  As I am hesitating replacing the old unit without understanding the reason for it.

Perhaps this was an error that they said I needed to upgrade?

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 m ago

Sorry, this was one difference that popped up when All Access was realeased. Not a mistake but they may want the other model out of circulation. There are other models of x1 boxes that aren’t compatible with certain services
ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

251 Messages

4 m ago

@WestPennPete

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Helping someone through DM and not posting the results for the rest of people who may have the same question is wrong. It's so hard to talk to Comcast as it is, then to take this valuable self help and trash it by shutting down the results of a public query is not helpful at all.

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 m ago

If the OP wants to come back and share, it's up to them. It has to start privately to gather account related information. Do you need help with anything?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I had a similar experience this week in accessing the just added Disney+.  I have the -S and they upgraded me by sending the -P.  Is it mandatory to make the change out? If not do I just return it with a note?

New to the Community?

Start Here