U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 8th, 2021 8:08 PM

Closed

XG1-A VERSUS XG1-P

We currently have the XG1-A and when we tried accessing Disney+ and CBS all access we got a message that we needed to upgrade our equipment. We went to 2 xfinity stores and they were out of the 4K in both stores, so we decided to just get it shipped from the message we got.  We just got the XG1-P, was that the one we were supposed to get? I don't want to start unhooking things if it wasn't the right equipment. I appreciate your response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

It’s not, that’s the oldest x1 dvr released and not compatible with those apps. Possibly an Official Employee will chime in to help get you what you need

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @user_8c555d! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that you ending up with the wrong equipment. We can certainly get this taken care of for you. Can you please click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When I clicked "Yes" to the message to upgrade equipment, I was sent a PX013ANM, which is a XG1v3 DVR box.  It looked just like my MX011ANM (XG1v1) box, and I was concerned that Disney+ would not work.  I installed it today, and Disney+ works fine.  The XG1v3 box will work with Disney+.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just had the exact same thing happen! I'm definitely not plugging it in now.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hey @HaasArmstrong89, we want to ensure that you are able to access all of the different apps you need for your entertainment. Did you already set up an order for a replacement box to be sent out to you, or do you still need help with that step? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hey, this must be a 'thing', why.?

I turned in the Arris XG1V4 4k box.

It was failing. I took it to the store and they said that they had to order a new one. They weren't allowed to carry them?

So after more than a week, I received my 'new unit'. An XG1-P!

'Come on man' why waste our time and your money shipping it? 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi @user_a90ec3, we appreciate you reaching out about the issues with the 4K box! Sorry to hear there was confusion! Just to make sure, the model number and/or STB Version is not one of these, correct? 

4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or Flex Xi6 streaming TV Box. You can find the model number of your X1 TV Box by accessing About in the X1 Settings menu. XG1v4 model numbers are AX014ANM or AX014ANC, and Xi6 model numbers are AX061AEI or TX061AEI, listed as STB Version. You can also check the sticker located on the bottom panel of the device.

If not, please send us a chat so we can work on getting the correct box sent out to you ASAP. You can initiate a chat with us using the following instructions: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Peer to peer" / "Private chat message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://comca.st/2V5Md1b

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3jFSpqR for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

The chat feature seems to have been disable. I logged into my Xfinity account and you have to use Xfinity Assistant. Also, the link provided goes to a 404 error page.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I just received the XG1-P I already have the XG1-A.  I ordered this because it popped on my screen so I thought I was getting a new model.  Is the XG1-P the newest model and does it work with a 4K television?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I don't think so (need Arris XG1V4 etc), same thing happened to me.

(user_a90ec3)
See Comcast Gina, Bruce reply. Honestly I would go into store if possible. Has occurred more than once.
Good Luck.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

@user_a531d2

the Xg1-P is the furthest you can get from the newest model, it's the very first dvr. No 4K 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

Plug it in. Your old one is most likely an XG1v1-A, an the new one is most likely an XG1v3-P. They may look the same, but the new one has newer hardware.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here