uteman1's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 4:29 AM

Xfinity tv issues without xfinity internet services.

I recently upgraded my internet service to Google fiber and dropped xfinity internet, but kept xfinity tv service. Now the apps in the Comcast box will not work, and the stream app on my Roku will not work anymore. Is there a way to let my fiber internet power my Comcast boxes? Plugging internet into the Ethernet ports does not fix the problem. I just want to enjoy the tv service I am paying for, without having to subscribe to their internet service. Please help. Any other ideas?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

5 months ago

NO. The X1 box apps REQUIRE Comcast Internet to work. Xfinity Stream will work in a limited mode because it requires Comcast Internet, and be on your home network, for most channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

5 months ago

Hello there @uteman1!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to help get things squared away.  Can you tell us if you are showing any error messages or error codes on your screen when the issue is present or are you just showing a black screen?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here