U

Friday, September 15th, 2023 4:26 PM

Closed

Xfinity Support - DVR recording Disappear and Reappear

I just moved to a new location and have the same DVR box but since moving here the items on my DVR will to showing one night and the next they have disappeared and only a few recordings show but show that the DVR is at 78% full???  I've checked the forums and others have had the same issue and are told to send a direct message.  Please help.  I don't want to loose all of the shows I have recorded and I don't want them to come and go either.  Thanks

I am a long time comcast customer but this move has had me rethinking my service.  Except for the gentleman that came out and hooked up my service the customer service has been terrible.  

Please help me.  Thanks

Ronda

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

1 year ago

What is the model of your DVR box? Is it an X1 box or older, do you know if it has an internal hard drive? If it does have an internal drive, beat thing to do is to pull the power plug, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in. Usually doing a full reset will rebuild the DVR index of the recordings on the drive. I've had to do this a few times over the years with my Motorola DCX3400 DVR box when it would not show the list of recordings but say 85% full. After a power cycle and then waiting 5-10 minutes, the recording list would be back.

2 Messages

I'm not sure how to tell what my model is on the front it says XG1-A.  I tried unplugging it and then re-plugging it in and it only shows 8 programs and that it is 66% full????  Last night all my recordings were showing, but not this morning. 

Thanks

3 Messages

@SammyFL​ I have had the same issue. Just swapped to a new box and have the same issues. I just recorded the new Survivor episode for instance this Wed. It's now Sat. I could see the recording at 5pm when I went to dinner along with 9 other recordings. I come back from dinner at 730 and check the DVR and only have 3 recordings available that were all recorded today. This happens all the time. I can see recordings on both the streaming app and direct though my main DVR at times then other times most things are gone outside of about 3 days. It's driving me nuts. I've been with Xfinity for about 12 years now and am going to leave if they can't figure this out. DVR is everything. It's 2024. This should not be a problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there @user_90j9ey so sorry to hear about these DVR issues. When these recordings blink out like this, do they show in the deleted items folder? Are they recoverable? Do they come back on their own? If these are series recorded, does that item remain as a series recording?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

mine just disappear, they are not in the recently deleted folder. then next day the shows are back. then they go again. as others have said, we lease the equipment and should have full control over what we are keeping on our dvr. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@pg513 Thank you for your comment on the thread. We are happy to look further into this for you. Have you attempted to power cycle the cable box as a starting point?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

7 months ago

Same thing is happening to my. Drives me nuts

1 Message

7 months ago

Same thing keeps happening to me. Can see all the shows until about dinner time each night, and then after about 6pm, I can only see the most recent 20 or so recordings. Then, the next day, I can see them all again. It is extremely frustrating and has been happening for almost a month. I have been a comcast customer for over 20 years, and my husband keeps begging me to agree to switch. This might be the issue that pushes me over the edge. It looks like this is an issue for a lot of people and no one at Comcast seems to care enough to fix it. For the price we pay for our service, I expect that Comcast would actively try to fix this issue.  Instead, every complaint I see basically says it was a waste of time for them to contact customer service, so I am wary to even try because I do not have time to waste. 

1 Message

@user_farcp0​ they ended up coming out and replacing the dvr box. It works fine now. 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@user_farcp0 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here