annv1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

11/23/20 - Editing to add that I'm in the Seattle area, and this does seem linked to stations no longer appearing under the Guide as 'Free to Me', even though they are part of my cable package.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My DVR is refusing to record some shows and I'm unable to determine why.  For example, when using the Guide and attempting to record a show, it will go through the steps and appear that it is going to record, but then the Guide will have a red no entry (a red circle with a slash through it) symbol next to the show.  This is what I've tried:

• There are no other shows scheduled at the same time, so its not a conflict issue. 
  • My DVR is 37% full and should have plenty of space. 
  • I've tried going in and removing future scheduled shows temporarily to see if its because the DVR is anticipating being full, but this made no difference.  However, I was able to re-add these particular shows. 
  • Multiple times I've done a Restart/System Refresh/actually unplugging the DVR
  • Issue is the same whether I'm using the xfinity remote or the xfinity phone app
  • The initial show I was trying to record was the series "Black Narcissus" on FXHD.  Once that failed, I tried recording the episodes manually.  Once that failed I tried recording random shows on different HD channels from the Guide - most of these failed as well with different stations, different times, but I can't figure out why as this seems random - no scheduling conficts.  
  • I have the series "Fargo" on FXHD on schedule and it has been recording it fine, but looking at the episode scheduled for tomorrow (11/22) it is not listed on the 'to be recorded' list.  When I look up the series under 'Upcoming' the future 2 episodes are listed with the icon of 3 red circles with the top circle being the open red circle with the slash through it, so they do not look like they will record.  

Anything else I'm missing for troubleshooting?  It really just seems to not be working properly.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

*******UPDATE 02/17/2021*******

We have recently been made aware of a new DVR issue that has prevented users for scheduling recordings. In addition, some customers may be missing recorded episodes of these programs because they didn’t record as expected. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve this for all impacted customers. 

In the meantime, if you want to set a recording for these programs, you will have to go to the future listing for each episode you want to record using the On-Screen Guide and schedule a one-time recording. You can also use your Xfinity Voice Remote to launch the series and select the episodes you want to record. You can watch the episodes that didn’t record On Demand.

Thank you in advance for your patience. Once we have additional updates we will post it here. 

******UPDATE 11/25/2020********

We have received confirmation that this issue has now been resolved. If you are continuing to experience this issue we ask that you please reset your television box by unplugging it for 1 minute and plugging it back in. 

Thank you again for your patience as we worked to resolve this. 

*****Original Message******

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. 

We will provide any additional information as it becomes available. 

Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to resolve this. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue. Also, when I go to the Stream app, the channels where the DVR won’t record are not even in the list.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It appears that though I can watch movies on TCM I am not allowed to record them. This has only recently become an issue because I used to record movies on TCM all the time. I was not notified of any programming changes. When I press record I get a red forbidden circle instead of the full red dot that normally denotes the recording is set.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having this same problem all day today. I had movies on the hallmark channel set up to record and now they won't. It won't even let me record them again. Did anyone get any help with the issue yet?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Having the same problem

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This started yesterday for me as well?!! Won’t record shows I’ve had scheduled forever nor new shows I want to add. My DVR is only 8% full!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem. It's frustrating and Comcast tech support was no help.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I also noticed channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX set to record as usual. It's the other channels that refuse to set (Hallmark, Bravo, USA...)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My DVR suddenly won’t record certain shows. It has the red dot with a line through it. Most shows still show they will record but some suddenly won’t. There is no conflict as no other recordings are set at the times. I even tried to manually press record while one show was on mad it would not record. I have tried a system refresh and restarting my system.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue and it’s frustrating. I wonder what we need to do to get this fixed.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here. We noticed it Friday night. Today I looked at my future recordings and some shows I have set to record weekly are gone, others are set as usual. What is going on???

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

same...won't record the PGA event today on the golf channel, but will record the NFL on the broadcast networks.

wouldn't record sportscenter last night.

my recording of "the undoing" on HBO for tonite has disappeared from my schedule.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

We're in the same situation as everyone else.  Only a handful of channels show up in the APP and those are the only channels that will accept a request to record a show.  Anything that was set up as a recurring recording - like Fargo, or The Fall, or just about anything else comes up with the circle and slash.  You don't get the window opening that says "Your recording has been set".

We rebooted the DVR twice last night (Nov. 21, 2020) and that did nothing.

I searched for any other cable provider with this problem and also searches related to the FCC changing permissions for DVRs and I didn't find anything other than Xfinity having this trouble.  We didn't try to contact a human yet.  It sounds like that will be a waste of time.

Truly annoying.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

having same problem in

philly market.rebooted 3 times no help,only have 10 percent filled and only 1 or 2 shows schedueled at same time

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

i came to this forum to find some answers.

i've got the same issue and the same problems listed by everyone else.

what's going on?

what can we do to get it fixed!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here