Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello,

I could not figure out how to send a message directly to ComcastChe, so I hope this reaches you.

I would like to receive a XG1v4 cable box delivered in the mail.

If this is the wrong place to send this request, please advise.

Thank you,

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ptjohns10 wrote:

Hello,

I could not figure out how to send a message directly to ComcastChe, so I hope this reaches you.

I would like to receive a XG1v4 cable box delivered in the mail.

If this is the wrong place to send this request, please advise.

Thank you,

look in upper right hand part of the forum page. does it show you are signed in? if so click on @ComcastChe  link here and look in the new window upper right side for 'send me a message' text and click on that.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to get a XG1v4 at my local Comcast store on Monday, The bad news was it would not authenticate on my account and apparently was defective. When I called tech support they told me to swap it out for another unit but also (thankfully) scheduled a service call for the next day.

When I went to swap it out at the store they did not have another one and told me they only got four in that day. 

Tuesday when the tech arrived he did have another one on his truck, swapped it out and all is well.

So far I am happy with the picture quality and features of the unit. I have not had X1 service before, only cablecard and TiVO.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Sounds like my experience as well. Good times!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I would also like to upgrade to the 4k box.  I'll send a PM if able to after this posting.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Just wanted to thank @ComcastChe @Rustyben and the others for their help. Received the v4 box and everything is performing great.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @SHannaNestle

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums to share your experience. I'd be happy to help by shipping a new one to you if this hasn't already been taken care of. I've just replied to your private message and look forward to chatting with you! 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

You are more than welcome @amyjonathon! Thank YOU for allowing us to help. Let us know if you need anything in the future. Take care! 🙂 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I would like to exchange my older HD box for a 4K Box. 

Thanks so much! 
Michael 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello

I need a 4K cable box for my new 4K TV.

I will try to message you after posting this.

Thank you!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Private messaged you! Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’d like to be added to the list also

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @yobegnuol and @Amansour1!

Thanks for creating a public post and submitting your account information in a private message. I have received both and would be happy to help send a 4K DVR. Please check your private messages and we can get this taken care of. Chat with you soon! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I'm also posting hoping to get a 4k compatible X1 box.  If I understand correctly, once I've posted, I'll be able to PM ComcastChe to initiate the next steps.

Thanks for helping!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

@rdmcclintock, that's correct! Send me a private message and I'll help get this order created for your new 4K DVR! Chat with you soon! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here