Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I would like to get the xg1v4 box if possible. How do I go about doing that?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello @ComcastChe 

Can I get added to the list as well (request for XG1v4 cable box upgrade).  I tried to find the private message icon, but I believe that may need to be initiated by you first. 

Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi @ComcastChe

I'd like to get the XG1v4 box as well and couldn't send a PM yet as this was my first post.  I'll follow this up w/ a PM.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same regarding inability to send PM. Sending one now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I need of an 4k box for our new TV.
Could not message you, however.
Thanks for your for time!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Adultingnerds

Thanks for reaching out! I can ship you a 4K DVR. In order to send an Official Employee a private message, you will first need to make a public comment on a post this you did or create a public post of your own to enable private message capabilities. Since you have commented on this post, please try sending me a private message now and we can get started. Chat with you soon!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello

I need a 4K cable box for my new 4K TV.

I will try to message you after posting this.

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I would like to get on this list as well. Will send PM @ComcastChe 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I don't seem to have the PM ability... no control to send a message when I go to your profile.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi I am a current subscriber and also  interested in sapping my old X1 for a 4k box and self install kit.

Thanks,

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@amyjonathon wrote:

I don't seem to have the PM ability... no control to send a message when I go to your profile.

scroll up and check to see if you are signed into the forum. After making your first public post then you can send a private message.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yep, @Rustyben signed in to the forums. I've seen a few other responses that once you make a public post you can then PM, but I'm not seeing any control that allows that function. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? When I look at my profile or open someone elses, all I see is the:

•  date they were last logged on
  • post count
  • kudos count
  • solutions count
  • and a list of their recent contributions

I do not see any button or anything for private messages. I'm really hoping I'm just blind and it is perfectly obvious that the function is available, just in a different spot.  🙂

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Interesting, this morning, I now have a little envelope icon on my profile that takes me to Private Messages. Maybe it's four public posts to automatically enable the feature?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just received a new 4K television and would like a 4K cable box as well! Commenting on here so I can get the ability to private message 🙂

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

posting to enable PM function

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here