Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’d like to order a XG1v4 set top box. Can I get one sent for DIY set up?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello,

I'm posting this to request a self-install kit for the XG1v4 or the latest 4K DVR to replace my Primary HD DVR.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

First I noticed the 2017 post is locked and I can't PM because this is my first post so I didn't know what else to do apart from making my own. 

I called to inquire about the XG1v4 and Xi6 because I own two 4k TVs and would like to avoid having to buy extra devices to get all of the content viewed in 4K if Comcast already has something that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the agent didn't have the option to send one and I was told I'd have to wait until I was mailed regarding an upgrade.

I read here that Comcast can send SIKs for at least the XG1v4 and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could set that up and possibly the Xi6.  If there's another way apart from waiting I'd be happy to learn that as well.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@awilliams96 wrote:

First I noticed the 2017 post is locked and I can't PM because this is my first post so I didn't know what else to do apart from making my own. 

I called to inquire about the XG1v4 and Xi6 because I own two 4k TVs and would like to avoid having to buy extra devices to get all of the content viewed in 4K if Comcast already has something that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the agent didn't have the option to send one and I was told I'd have to wait until I was mailed regarding an upgrade.

I read here that Comcast can send SIKs for at least the XG1v4 and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could set that up and possibly the Xi6.  If there's another way apart from waiting I'd be happy to learn that as well.

do you have a Comcast supplied gateway that supports MoCA? (look on back or front for 'MoCA' (LED location).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@awilliams96 wrote:

Yes, the XB3 to be precise.

the official employees usually reply within 3 days.  in some areas in older threads the xi6 required a professional (tech) install.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, the XB3 to be precise.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Posting first time to get a XG1v4

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Posting to enable PM function.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Would like to get a XG1v4 Box for use with a 4K TV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

How do we get this 4k box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Houdini47 wrote:
How do we get this 4k box?

fastest way is to go to your local xfinity store.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I find out if it is available in my area?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s everywhere by now, stopping in at your local service center is the quickest way.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

posting for PM ability

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I'd like to request an XG1v4 install kit if possible. Had a service call Friday 1/24 and was told by the worker he didn't have any on the truck, check with the local office.

Visited the local office (104 Old Cardiff Ln - Harriman, TN 37748) today and was told they only get a handful of them in every few weeks.

Thanks
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here