Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi posting to enable pm feature. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

I posted to enable pm feature

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would love to order one

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM function.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM functionality

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is it possible to get a self install kit for the XG1v4? One of the forums said to make a post requesting it. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Not ordering one presently; after all, I've just purchased my FIRST EVER FHD TV.

But I've questions about this box/subsequent boxes: (1) Do these boxes have HDMI/ARC ports?

(2) If not, will future boxes have them? (3) Do Digital set-top boxes even NEED HDMI/ARC ports?

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

ARC (audio return channel) is only useful between a TV and receiver or sound bar.   This allows a single HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV that can both deliver video to the TV and carry audio generated from TV apps or other TV inputs back to the receiver.

It is not needed on set top boxes -  all HDMI outputs will carry both video and audio in the same direction - ARC is just for the odd case of needing the reverse channel between your TV and external speaker system if you use one.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi ComcastElla,

I just PM'd you regarding exchanging for a 4K DVR.

Thank You !!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Steve181 wrote:

Hi ComcastElla,

I just PM'd you regarding exchanging for a 4K DVR.

Thank You !!

you may want to pm @Comcast_Support instead. I believe that the person you PM'd is not in that department anymore.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks very much for telling me, I really appreciate it !!

I didn't notice the date from comcastells's post.

PM just sent to them.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

If I sign up for X1 now and request a Self Install Kit do I get the XG1v4 now automatically?  If not, can I request one?  I saw a post from back in April saying you could request on but maybe they are standard issue now that a little time has passed? 

Thanks! 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks!  Comcast employees, can you weigh in?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Send a Private message to @Comcast_Support they can make sure your request is fulfilled

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here