Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How can I receive an XG1v4 TV Box?Is PM here the only way?  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, my closest Xfinity stores require a 20-30  minute drive each way. I don't want to make the trip for nothing...

I suppose I'll wait a bit for Comcast people to respond.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Xg1v4 request

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I have the XG1v3 and would like to upgrade as  well, but I have 3 other TV's hooked up to the small boxes.  Would those boxes be compatible with the newer XG1v4?

I plan on going to the service center tomorrow in person, so I'm wondering if I need to bring in just my XG1v3 or do I need to bring in the other small boxes too.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Bent240 wrote:

Xg1v4 request

scroll back to 9/13 date by Comcast_support and follow those directions.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

It’s just a box swap, don’t worry about your other equipment

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
It’s just a box swap, don’t worry about your other equipment

Thanks, I just got the X1 service installed today and was hoping I'd get the v4, but ended up with the v3. I have a 4K TV, so it'd be nice if I could get the newer v4. If I'm unable to get the v4 from the store tomorrow, I'll PM one of the reps here.

Also, if I replace the box, will I be able to get the saved shows on the new box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Anything you’ve saved will replicate. If you had it longer only the last 60 hours of recordings are accessible

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jjf123 wrote:

I have the XG1v3 and would like to upgrade as  well, but I have 3 other TV's hooked up to the small boxes.  Would those boxes be compatible with the newer XG1v4?

I plan on going to the service center tomorrow in person, so I'm wondering if I need to bring in just my XG1v3 or do I need to bring in the other small boxes too.

you might want to swap one of your small boxes for same price xg2 (companion with 3 tuners to loan to other set top boxes). that will allow your  DVR to have all 6 tuners available to record at the same time (or 5 and one to watch on that TV).

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I already contacted them.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for PM option

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Actually, you can use
A. My account app
B. Say "schedule a tech visit" Into your voice remote
C. Contact twitter.com/ComcastCarees and schedule a visit that way
D. Go to your local office and ask for a higher level of Technican
Or call 1-800-XFINITY.

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Either Twitter, or my account app, or voice remote, possibly even your local office.

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Don't go down to your local service center, all they have are refurbed units. Call Comcast directly and state the issues you've been having, if you've done swaps explain that, same with tech visits, demand a new box, that is NOT a refurb, demand self install and demand to not be charged for the replacement. Exact way I did it. Sorry for my improper Grammar, I was writing this on a phone with a small screen.

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

XG1v4 is a 4K box. Can confirm, I've run it on a monitor that supports 4k.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here