Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@AlanF51XF
1. Out of your previous dvr’s recordings, you will have access to the last 60 hours recorded. Anything past that will be lost.
2. Those settings are cloud based and will show on the replacement

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
@AlanF51XF
1. Out of your previous dvr’s recordings, you will have access to the last 60 hours recorded. Anything past that will be lost.
2. Those settings are cloud based and will show on the replacement
Thanks, my new 4K DVR is operational and I have all my recordings. Alan

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

My older x1 box is suffering from the audio drop outs and I just purchased a 4k tv. Please contact me about exchanging my current box.

Thanks.

smr_portland, congrats on the new 4K TV purchase! I'd be happy to get your a 4K box so you can enjoy that beautiful picture quality! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Dear Sir/Madam,  how can I get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box? 

I have a 65" LG UH6150 that does have UHD apps like NetFlix, Amaxon Prime, YouTube and Vudu, but having access to all of that plus XFinity programming in HD and 4k accessible by voice, and not having to change inputs on Receiver for Audio plus changing remotes (not a spouse-friendly operation) would be extremely helpful.

I have one DVR PX013ANM (XG1-P) in the Media Room and Two PXD01ANI (XiD-P) in the House.

Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How do I reqeust delivery of a ARRIS XG1v4 cable box for self-installation?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Captendeavor wrote:
These big companies don't need our business. They have millions of customers. Many of us have little other options. We do have social media if need be.

do you need assistance with some problem or need?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Grey1 wrote:

How do I reqeust delivery of a ARRIS XG1v4 cable box for self-installation?

hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on the subject. at the top of each page you will find a link to the 'best answer' with directions on how to receive the xg1v4.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Marancibiac, appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your interest in getting a 4K box! I'm sure you'll love it! I got your private messages to me and Ella, so I'll work with you there. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I asked my xfinity store about this and they had no clue.

How do we get a self install to upgrade to this 4K DVR?

@ComcastJessie 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello jfurbush. Thank you for private messaging me. I did not receive a private message response from you. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi BD404, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I recently purchase a 4K TV and would like to replace my X1 DVR witht the XG1v4 DVR.

How can I get one?

Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to order a  XG1v4 box with self install kit.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here