Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

I would like the upgraded XG1 v4 box.  I am posting this so I can PM.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Test

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to pm

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all,

Our team is always happy to assist you with getting a 4K DVR cable box but we no longer offer a free shipping option. However, you can visit the Xfinity Store and pick up an XG1v4 DVR box at no charge. Please feel free to reach me at any time. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Two questions.

Is the XG1v4 available in the Brentwood, TN area?

Is there somewhere I can download an actual manual for the XG1v4?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@ComcastJessie suggested I create a new post to request a XG1v4 TV Box.  So....I want one.  What do I do next?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@RDH1Z - Thank you for posting your questions in the Xfinity Forum. The Xg1v4 should be available in your area and I can double check if you send me your full name in a private message. As far as manual we don't have it available online but have you checked this link - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-on-the-x1-platform? It might have the information you need. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

PM enable post

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

PM enable post

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, andrew2019. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know what it's like wanting to make sure you have the most recent equipment. I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for XG1v4 box.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, andrew2019. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Requesting XG1V4 Self Install Kit

As per your instuctions:

Can I request a XG1v4?

• Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit.

I’m formally requesting a XG1V4 self install kit. Please let me know the next step in what’s required in getting one.

Thanks!

Casey

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello CaseyJohnson. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with getting an XG1v4  4K DVR shipped out to you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here