Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request a the newest box available. Will I need replacements for my other 2 TVs as well?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like one

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Any idea when they activate your PM ability?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Vareek wrote:
Any idea when they activate your PM ability?

done now as you have made your first public post

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Skeptical....  I called last week to request an XG1V4 to replace my old set top box.   The agent I spoke with confirmed my request and initiated the order.  I accpeted the request while speaking with him, and shortly received confirmation.   However, when the box arrived, it was NOT the XG1 V4.  It was something not even remotely close.   I called to inform of the error, and was told that they will put in another request.   This agent said she had to put "notes" in a different section to enure the box shipped is an XG1 V4.   I am skeptacal only becaue when I received the tracking number for the 2nd order, the shipment weight is EXACTLY the same as the box that was sent in error (10.2 lbs).  I would have expected the replacmenet to weight less, but perhaps it doesn't. This message may premature, however, I remain skeptical.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Sure enough...2nd box came today, and it's another standard receiver.   Called again, being told they can TRY again, but can't guarantee they will send me the correct box.   This makes no sense!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@90sracer Send a PM to @CCElla and she should be able to make sure you get the proper equipment

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

PM enable post

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. If you wish to have an XG1 v4 shipped to you, and haven't done so already, please make a public post on this thread to enable the ability to send a private message. Once you've done this, send me or @CCElla a private message with your first and last name and the name of the account holder,  and we'd be happy to assist you. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'd like one.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

erricz123, glad to hear you've recieved your new X1 box. Remember you can use the XFINITY My Account app to get up to date info on your account as well as reach out to us for support. 

Cheers! 

KenF

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I see Comcast employees asking for posts/pms to request 4K DVR units. I'm hoping this lets me pm or at least start replying...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like a 4k box.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to request the new 4k dvr box. Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

posting for PM

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here