Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello.  

I would very much like to upgrade my current equipment to the new XG1v4 DVR and if available, Xi6 to stream 4k content to my 4K TVs.  I have called into Comcast and have stopped by my local store a few times but equipment is never in/available.  

Appreciate any help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PMs.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, There isn’t one what would you like to know.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to know why the TV Box:
1. identifies my AVR-S940H by Denon as a TV not an audio system?
2. It doesn’t allow me to change the identification from TV to Audio System?
3. It doesn’t allow the TV to communicate over CEC?
4. X1 App removed the CEC functions?
5. It doesn’t stream HDR while it claims that the resolution is 4K UHD 60 HDR?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the XG1v4 for several months now. I can’t find a user manual for the box and Xfinity employees have not been cooperative or helpful in locating a manual. I am puzzled regarding the lack of information and guidelines for best performance of the 4K TV Box. I have been able to stream Amazon Prime 4K programming and the TV did report 4K HDR Video stream, but that’s the only time the HDR is reported. Again, without a user manual it is extremely difficult to examine this TV Box. Some Xfinity support staff told me to go to an Xfinity store for a manual, but this TV Box is available only from direct shipping for self-install.
Can you please post a known link to the manual for the XG1v4?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. Amazon Prime Video also streams in 4K and HDR

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request a XG1v4 4K box for self install.

Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Post pm

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

post pm.

would like to order a new box with self-install.  

Contributor

• 

60 Messages

5 years ago

I have the new comcast 4k box and I also have new roku 4k HDR Dolby Vision Tv's.

I watch 4k HDR and dolby vision on Netflix, Prime, youtube, and the colors pop like crazy.

When I play the same content through the comcast box, the colors are "normal" HD.

In a nutshell, the comcast 4k box does not pass HDR and DV colors.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@quovadis12345 wrote:

I have the new comcast 4k box and I also have new roku 4k HDR Dolby Vision Tv's.

I watch 4k HDR and dolby vision on Netflix, Prime, youtube, and the colors pop like crazy.

When I play the same content through the comcast box, the colors are "normal" HD.

In a nutshell, the comcast 4k box does not pass HDR and DV colors. 

check your TV manual and the abilities of each of your TV's HDMI ports. which are HDCP 2.2 compatible (4k). in your manual which HDR (high dynamic range) systems does your TV support? is your set top box connected directly to an HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI port on your TV now? is your resolution in your set top box set to 4k?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Does this 4k box improve the picture quality of my current HD channels at all? Also, if I change DVRs, do I still lose all my recordings?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@mjaaa24 wrote:
Does this 4k box improve the picture quality of my current HD channels at all? Also, if I change DVRs, do I still lose all my recordings?

no. you will not have access to the hard drive version of your recordings, only the ones on the cloud DVR. as new programs are recorded the older cloud recordings will fall off and that can happen quite quickly. you can see the cloud recordings currently available using a smart device  and the stream app or a desk/laptop. using the stream app will let you see the cloud DVR recordings.

Contributor

• 

60 Messages

5 years ago

No,

hd channels are still quite blurry. It does not matter if you have a $300 tv or a $5'000 tv. The quality is compressed and blurry. It's definitely not 1080 like you see on Blu ray. 

We are simply not there yet!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’d like to get a v4 box as well. Is it refurbished though? I have just tried to replace a box that was stuck on boot and I’ve had 4 refurbished boxes full of dust either replaced by a technician or sent to me by customer service. Had been “guaranteed” new by each representative. Allergies and a baby prevent any dander/dust in the house.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here