Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello ComcastElla,

Kindly assist me with ordering a new XG1 version 4 DVR box and a self installation kit. It’s frustrating not to be able to view available 4K content at the highest resolution on my 4K televisions. Moreover, my current X1 DVR frequently drops live feed sound and lately records blank video instead of scheduled programs. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Enabling pm

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for PM

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to request a XG1v4 4K box for self install. thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello - Posting to enable PM feature and order 4K box via forum. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Post for PM.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi 

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4. What is the process for doing that?

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

i currently have the x1 operating system 4k dvr box for my main bedroom tv.  but i want to get a non dvr x1 operating system 4k box for my other tv in other room.  are there any 4k non dvr boxes available and one that would not require me to hook up about 150ft of ethernet wire to the box.

if a official comcast employee can please reply or imbox me i would appreciate it  like someone like @CCElla  for example...

as i have 2 4k tvs and the box currently hooked to the one tv is just the regular tiny x1operating system box thats non 4k

also does anyone know of any way to get the ID channel back in the upper tier lineups besides dropping down to the lowest tier to get that channel and also the Wgn channel and military history channel

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just went to my local Xfinity store here in Salem, OR. Got one right there.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for pm.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Enabling PM

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for PM privileges

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, posting in order to gain the ability to PM

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to PM

forum icon

New to the Community?