Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi @ComcastChe ,

I saw you might be able to help me get a 4k DVR for our new TV.  Can you please have one sent to me?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @scabrams

Of course, I can help by sending a 4K box. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to order a XG1 v4 Box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@CCElla I would like to request a XG1v4 box to be swapped for what I have now. I PM'd another employee (who had other instructions) but said it was against forum policy to PM them direclty unsolicitated. Let me know how I can request one, I guess give me permission to PM you so I do not get banned.

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@eliwide55 - You can definitely send me a private message and I will be happy to send you a new 4K DVR. I need your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'd like to get a new 4k box

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, I would like the XG1v4.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Post for PM capability.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Post for PM capability.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

posting for PM!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

COMCAST DIGITAL TRANSPORT ADAPTER

posting to enable DM

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 years ago

I just finished hooking up and mounting my 2nd new 4k box to a new TV on the wall. Thanks for the help getting the box. System seemed a little confused at first having 2 main 4k DVR boxes but all is well now.
I switched back to the older voice remote as I find it easier.
I also received a new style HDMI cable. It is quite different from all past HDMI cables but I had a new one I bought but nice to see a better quality HDMI cable supplied with the 4k boxes now.
Thanks again.

1 Attachment

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

How is Comcast charging you for the second 4K box?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here