Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 years ago

So if we have more than 1 4K TV can we have more than 1 of these 4K DVR boxes hooked up at same time or will that mess up X1 throughout the house.  I have 3 satellite boxes + 1 new 4K DVR box and am getting a 2nd 4k HDR tv.  Anyone know? My satellite boxes are Xi3.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

They communicate just like any other X1 DVR. In the end, you’ll end up with the ability to record more but nothing else will change.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I want to get the 4k box.  Previous posts say to send a private message and to post a message first to enable PM.  I did that but still cannot figure out how to send private post so I can include my account info to get the 4k box.

Thanks,'

'Dave

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi. Posting to enable private messages. Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@dap0624 - Yor PM feature is still disabled. I will reach out to the Community Manager for help. Thank you for your patience. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@dap0624 - Your PM feature is enabled now. Please send me a private message and include your full name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Please note I'm in the office Sunday through Wednesday, 9 AM - 7:30 PM MT. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ella- thank you very much for your most excellent assistance. Your help was so fast the new xfinity box beat my new 4K tv here.

Thank you so much for the help. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Bmacehtown - Thank you so much for your kind words! Happy to assist! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving 🙂 

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 years ago

Hello Ello,
May I PM you and request a 2nd 4k DVR box? I have a new 4k TV ordered and on it's way. I'd like to have the 4k DVR box here for the new TV.
Thanks,
Eric

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi @CCElla im interested in getting a 4k xfinity box, what is the process of getting these and does it require a technician to come out to set it up?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello @ComcastElla.

I am also hoping to get a 4K xfinity DVR but it does not look like I have the ability to PM you. Is this something you can enable? Thanks for your help and happy Thanksgiving! 

Mark

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Posting in order to enable PM

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Will be getting a new Sony 4K television soon, needed to replace my current box anyway due to it constantly getting stuck in boot every other morning. Now just need to get my wife to catch up on her DVR'd shows.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable private message access.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

If you are interested in receiving a 4K box, feel free to send me a private message and I can submit the request to have it shipped. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name,  as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here