Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

There is one, in limited release, called the Xi6. YMMV, so for now, if you want a 4K box you’ll either need another 4K DVR or patiently wait for the Xi6’s wider release

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

i already have a xg1v4 box on my 4k tv upstairs, i have another 4k tv downstairs but was told i have to pay 20$ extra if i want another 4k box because its a dvr. why would i pay for 2 dvrs?? how come they only make the 4k boxes in the dvr?i think thats pretty stupid. they should have a 4k non dvr.. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would like a xfinity xg1v4 tv box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature Thanks!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Post to pm

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ComcastElla... I'd like one of the XG1v4 boxes.

@CCElla wrote:

Hello all,

Just a reminder.  If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you would like to get a 4K DVR please post publicly in this thread to enable the PM feature. Then please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would like to check my availability for the 4K XG1v4 box! I live in Tallahassee, FL

Contributor

• 

156 Messages

6 years ago

enable PM

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to check on the availability of the XG1 v4 DVR box in my area. If it is available, would it possible to request a self-install kit?

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, cromm1 - Thank you for posting! Yes, I can submit a shipping request for a 4K DVR. Since we already have a conversation in PM, I will provide the details there. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I also don't see where to private message COMCASTELLA. I would like to request the XG1v4 box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I don't see where to create a new post.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

6 years ago

@BAPON wrote:

I also don't see where to private message COMCASTELLA. I would like to request the XG1v4 box.

See that link above that says "Go To Best Answer"? 

Go there. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

EDIT: Finally was able to PM.  Guess it took a little time to activate that feature after my first posts.  Thanks for your help!

Sorry I don't see  "Go To Best Answer," nor a link above it!  This is the first time I'm using this forum. What I wanted to do is post my request for an XG1 v4 Box and PM my information to COMCASTSTELLA.  Doesn't seem like it should be this hard. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hello all,

If you would like to get a 4K DVR please post publicly in this thread to enable the PM feature. Then please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Reminder:  If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Thank you all!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here