Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 years ago

Is 4K content still limited to Netflix and the past Olympics?

Is there a thread to follow which announces new 4K content?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@CCElla

can you assist in getting one of th 4K boxes in Boston area for me?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

________
There’s also games from this past World Cup in 4K. There isn’t a thread for content, usually it’s been a separate thread for the above 4K additions

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@cmac524 wrote:

@CCElla

can you assist in getting one of th 4K boxes in Boston area for me?

scroll back to 8/5 post by @ComcastElla and follow her directions. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Alamo_Bob wrote:

just recently it was announced that amazon video was to be added to the X1's internet apps. When it is live there will probably be an email like they sent for Youtube and Netflix. thanks for the question.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

agreed! Seems pretty silly to bother the upgrade since the only content that is available in 4K is Netflix and if you have a smart tv ijust access it that way. and tbh there isnt  a ton of 4K on Netflix to even warrent adding that to you subscription.....

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Anon641804 wrote:

agreed! Seems pretty silly to bother the upgrade since the only content that is available in 4K is Netflix and if you have a smart tv ijust access it that way. and tbh there isnt  a ton of 4K on Netflix to even warrent adding that to you subscription.....

it is your choice if you would like to (same price) upgrade to a set top box designed for your 4k/UHD TV. Seems like a good upgrade to me.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

6 years ago

@Anon641804 wrote:

I love mine. The box itself is smaller, sleek, and relatively unobtrusive, especially if you dim or turn off the power indicator light. Plus you don't have to switch inputs or devices to access Netflix or YouTube (and soon Amazon Prime) when you're already watching on your Comcast box. 

And more importantly, it doesn't cost you any differently from a regular HD box. 

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

6 years ago

will the 4k box make the premiums availble in hd ? 🙂

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

will the 4k box make the premiums availble in hd ?
_________
Your lineup doesn’t change. Your west coast feeds are still the primary

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

It’s my understanding that this new 4K box only offers hdmi out whereas the regular hd  drv box also has the optical out; if that’s the case it’s not an upgrade  for me 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Your schedule repopulates but only the last 60 hours of recordings will transfer over.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have several programs set for DVR recording.  If I switch to the new box, will I have to reprogram my recordings or will the new box update itself once it's associated to my account?

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

After you get your new box set up, go to Settings / Device Settings / Sync DVR and then select “Sync DVR Now”.
All of your settings & recordings will appear.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Anon641804 wrote:

It’s my understanding that this new 4K box only offers hdmi out whereas the regular hd  drv box also has the optical out; if that’s the case it’s not an upgrade  for me 

I'm trying to figure out how the limited old-technology that is outmoded since HDMI specs include full current and future audio features. the Optical is so limited and is not capable of carrying the more modern codecs. coaxial audio was supplanted by optical, and optical is supplanted by HDMI audio.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here