Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I called earlier today to check stock at my local store and was told that it is not available for pickup. Only professional install or self-install kit, but that would cost $15. I read on here about the fee waiver. May I please request a PM? Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Requesting XG1v4 (4K) DVR box. Need to be able to PM for request. Please assist. Thank you

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Can you send out the self install kit for the Xfinity 4k - XG1v4?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'd like to request the XG1v4 self install kit.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks! I have one coming

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi posting to enable private messages

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I don't see a way to "private message" you as well on your profile. Thoughts?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Ella, I'll PM you for a XG1v4 upgrade Thanks, Dass

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

i'm replying to this thread to have the PM feature enable.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Post to enable PM....

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Posting to enable PM.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

I would like XG1v4 tv box,I call Xfinty Store for availability get voicemail No response What Do IDo,Not Happy 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Look for 'ComcastElla' posting here. 

She is a Comcast Social Media employee and will help you get the equipment you want. 

She helped me get a 4K box and it's great.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Just want 4 K I pay enough !!! Ella should get in with me!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here