Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Posting to enable PM.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box. TIA

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla too

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  

That's why I got one,  just to be ready.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

other than a few low power stations doing testing, broadcasters don't broadcast in 4k in USA. The articles i've read point out that it is more likely that they wait until 8k or more and next generation of broadcast TV is decided which will cause consumers to need new set television equipment or a converter box to be able to use older equipment. the Streaming sources don't 'broadcast' so they have no barrier other than 'minimum' of HDCP 2.2 to protect the 4k stream. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I reached out to ComcastElla - one of the most knowledgeable employees at Comcast for sure.  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I tried to find one of the XG1v4 locally to no avail. Will PM @ComcastElla as stated in previous posts.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Grandmaster420 wrote:
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.

scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @ComcastElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lunarklypse wrote:

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?

since you have made a post now your PM function may be working. be sure to login at the upper right corner before attempting to PM

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi posting for PM feature

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would like to test out the XG4 if I could be sent a self install kit. Thanks in advance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here