Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Ord535 wrote:
is there a way to find out if the Xfinity Store here in Flint, MI has the ARRIS XG1v4 in store

no

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

When I was at the flint store a month and a half ago , they didn't know anything about the XG1v4 box .

Ella hooked me up  with my box on here , everything went real smooth and she saved me money .

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@NIck_from_PDX wrote:

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 

you can now scroll back to 6/8/2018 post 'above" by @ComcastJoeTru and follow the directions there.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I live in the Charleston SC area. Am I now able to trade in my older X1 box for a XG1v4?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

posting so i can PM??? i hope

I need the xi5 wireless box and my local does not have any. Can I order online somewhere or do I have to PM somebody?

thanks in advance.

Jim

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hello.

@Rlc1606 - Feel free to send me a private message with your account information (full name, the account holder's name, address, phone/account number) and I will ship you a 4K DVR. 

@jimcraun - At this time, the Xi5 device cannot be requested by the customer and it's not available via Self-Install Kits. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@thesauves1 wrote:

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.

hi, follow the directions to PM the Comcast employee in the post just before your post. you have to sign in (top right corner of the web page) before you can PM (private message)

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Posting to enable pm

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@ntsu82 wrote:

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details

scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @CCElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Post.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here