Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:
That didn't help me I'm any way.

What are you trying to do?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I have 3 xg2s so none of them use the tuners

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:
HI I am an x1 user and I have been from the very beginning for about 4 maybe 5 years now I was one of the first installs in south Florida the techs said I was their first x1 setup which took days. I was told the boxes I got were 4k compatible which is why I got them. So there not... great.. don't get me wrong I love x1 but I would have waited till it worked. They did installs here for like a week and figured out the network was not ready for x1 for like 9 more months so I dealt with 9 months of horror.

So I have 5 boxes 3 can pause and rewind tv and they have their own tuners. 2 boxes are dvrs that function as 1 dvr they share the 2 hard drives as 1 and they share the schedule. So I can record 10 shows and I have 1 tb if space.

So I have some issues

1 is there's only a 500gb hard drive. I have already noticed that shows that record don't have the same quality as live shows. There hasn't been a tech out in a long time, if you're having picture issues, have a tech out to troubleshoot. 500 gb hard drive's have been in your dvrs for a good 10 years now and cost nothing so why don't you put a 1 or 2tb hard drive in there? Att or someone has offered a 2tb hard drive for years now. Ultra HD recording are going to blow through hard drive space like it's nothing. 4k is 3 to 4 times more space then HD depending on the quality of the broadcast. When you do broadcast shows in 4k. Now I just got off the phone with sales and they want me to pay 15$ Post here to get a 4K DVR http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 so they can maIL me a 4k box but I don't want to get a 4k box and 6 months later you have a much better box with actual storage space when you realize 500gb won't cut it.
2. My other issue is loosing all my recodings. I have been told my recordings will automatically restore themselves to the new dvr. I have 2 dvrs I will only replace 1 of the 2. My understanding is only the shows that are on the cloud will be restored back on the dvr even though sale's says they will all restore regardless of whether they're on the cloud or not. The last 60 hours of the DVR you'll be replacing will be backed up. Back when the cloud backed up your dvr in full I would have believed this but then you guys decide to only back up 60 hours of shows per dvr which is horrible that was a horrible change. If all my dvr recodings will be restored regardless if I can see them on the cloud please let me know how that works. I would love to upgrade to the 4k box now but it really should have more storage space.

3. My last issue is Scheduled shows. Im told that I won't loose any of my schedule but then I was told that the recordings record on what ever box they were originally set on.Your schedule is saved to the cloud and will be there after a swap. So what happens there?

4. What I'd love to do if my recorded shows won't transfer to the new box is get the new box and have 3 dvrs permanently but in my area I don't think they allow that. Or have 3 boxes for a little while and watch everything that's on 1old dvr only. let new shows record on the new dvr empty out the old dvr and sent it back.

5. Really id love the cloud to go back to fully backing up all recodings and have 1 box that records 10 to 12 shows with 2tb of space on 1 dvr. That would be great if you could do that.

working with what we have here what can be done with all the above questions?

I have a nice Samsung un78js9500 78 inch curved ultra HD TV and I'd love to actually use it!!!
Right now i use amazon and netflixs yet I pay comcast 270$ a month and get no ultra HD at all sof please let's get on the ball! Tks

Answered what I could

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

See my post please I took some time writing it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

I would like a XG1v4 box, thank you.

One question, will the bedrooms be 4K too? I have two 4k TVs. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Zach;

I went into a comcast store about 2 weeks ago because I was told that they would have 4K boxes and all I had to do was bring in my old box and guess what: They told me that not only did they not carry any 4K boxes in thier store but the box wasn't even available in the state of Washington so I can assure you the info that the info that Spokane44 received from the agent on the phone was INCORRECT because I was given the same song and dance. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Juanr007 wrote:

Hi,

I would like a XG1v4 box, thank you.

One question, will the bedrooms be 4K too? I have two 4k TVs. 

You will need a 4K DVR for each 4K tv you currently have to get the piddling amount of 4K they currently have.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, I would like to upgrade to this new 4K box.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, posting to access private messaging.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

500 gb hard drive's have been in your dvrs for a good 10 years now and cost nothing so why don't you put a 1 or 2tb hard drive in there? Att or someone has offered a 2tb hard drive for years now. Ultra HD recording are going to blow through hard drive space like it's nothing. 4k is 3 to 4 times more space then HD depending on the quality of the broadcast. When you do broadcast shows in 4k. Now I just got off the phone with sales and they want me to pay 15$ Post here to get a 4K DVR http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 

A picture quality is only a problem when I'm watching something that's on the cloud not the DVR. What about the storage space on the Ultra HD DVR and I don't want to get a DVR and you realize that the storage space is not enough for Ultra HD and then you come out with another DVR that has a lot more storage space lastly can I have 3 DVRs 1 in Ultra HD

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:
500 gb hard drive's have been in your dvrs for a good 10 years now and cost nothing so why don't you put a 1 or 2tb hard drive in there? Att or someone has offered a 2tb hard drive for years now. Ultra HD recording are going to blow through hard drive space like it's nothing. 4k is 3 to 4 times more space then HD depending on the quality of the broadcast. When you do broadcast shows in 4k. Now I just got off the phone with sales and they want me to pay 15$ Post here to get a 4K DVR http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 

A picture quality is only a problem when I'm watching something that's on the cloud not the DVR. What about the storage space on the Ultra HD DVR and I don't want to get a DVR and you realize that the storage space is not enough for Ultra HD and then you come out with another DVR that has a lot more storage space lastly can I have 3 DVRs 1 in Ultra HD

post in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 if you have 4k Netflix. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:
Please don't seND me links just answer the few questions I hAve asked
I have a Smart tv so I use Netflix and amazon in ultra hd just fine but that has nothing to do what I asked

this thread is for troubleshooting. the link I gave you is for customer service. your choice if you do not wish to inquire there about shipping a 4k set top box to your home.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I have a Smart tv so I use Netflix and amazon in ultra hd just fine but that has nothing to do what I asked

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:

Your posts are very difficult to follow being bunched up into one single block of words and no offense, but your sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. 

I would suggest contacting customer support or follow the link Rusty provided to obtain a 4k DVR or answer other customer support related questions.  As Rusty mentioned, this thread is more for troubleshooting the 4k DVR.  BTW, there is absolutely no 4k programming available at this time, short of the recorded Olympics through on demand. But you can view 4k programming of Netflix and Youtube through the new XG1v4 set-top box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here