LMHUSCG's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 20th, 2021 4:32 PM

Closed

X1 TV Box Not Working. System Reboot Did Not Work.

My X1 TV box stopped working. Yes, I checked all the cables and plugs. Yes, I am using the correct HDMI input settings. Yes, I used the Xfinity mobile app to troubleshoot. Yes, I did a system reboot. The bot in the app did another system reboot. It didn't work. I just keep getting "No Signal" messages on the TV screen.

The bot in the chat program said it can no longer help me.

I want a service technician to come to my house and fix it, but I can't get through to a live human. I tried Messenger and sat in there for 35 minutes waiting for a response before giving up and closing the window.

So. Tell me. How do I get my TV box back online?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

it is likely the HDMI port on your TV for the set top box is no longer communicating with the set top box. have you tried changing the TV input to another HDMI port that has signal then change back to the set top box? unplug the TV for 30 seconds and plug back in and turn on? does your set top box have a display (DVR) or power indicator LED's?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for responding.

have you tried changing the TV input to another HDMI port

Yes, that didn't fix the issue.

unplug the TV for 30 seconds and plug back in and turn on

tried that, no change.

does your set top box have a display (DVR) or power indicator LED's?

Hmm. I'm not sure what the difference is in what you are saying. There is a clock on the front and three spots that say Remote, Data, Record.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@LMHUSCG Thank you for contacting us about this concern. What our Expert @Rustyben mentioned are all part of our troubleshooting and common causes of the "no signal" error. 

• An incorrect input selected on the TV (using the tv or remote to change)
  • The set-top box being offline
  • 3rd party equipment is offline or on wrong input (audio/video receiver, HDMI switch, dvd player, etc)
  • The video connections between the TV Box and the television are connected incorrectly

The next step is to check if you are able to perform the following: 

“exit>exit>exit>720”. (This sets resolution to 720) 

If you are still not receiving signal after this can you also retry restarting your TV again by unplugging the power supply 

and then returning it? 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityEva 

exit>exit>exit>720”. (This sets resolution to 720)

This did nothing.

I also unplugged, plugged back in; tried a different HDMI cable (also tried both HDMI ports and made sure the input was correct;) unscrewed the coaxial cable and screwed it back in ... I am still getting "No Signal."

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for running through those troubleshooting steps! We really appreciate your time spent working on getting this issue resolved. We definitely want to get you back to enjoying your favorite content. We would like to take a deeper look at the signals on your account. 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I spoke with someone and they are sending me a new X1 box.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for the updates, @LMHUSCG! I am happy to hear a resolution is in the works! If you have any questions about that replacement or need assistance in getting it set up please feel free to reach back out to us! We truly appreciate your time and effort! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here