CCGwen's profile

Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Ken...when do you want to send the signals to my box? Recording the View at 11 EDT but any time after that. Lets do this today and see what you find out.


Thanks


Terri

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@CCKenF the ghost listings after deletion are 'only' cured by either a reboot or 'sync DVR' (I happen to have 3 DVRs). There are two flavors of ghost listings of deleted programs, first gives you 'your DVR service is not working ...' the second gives you a regular menu on the already deleted recording and in fact you can play it from that second type of listing. Either type is 'removed' after doing 'sync DVR command' (which I asked to be added to voice command like 'about' is added).


AND what has Comcast done to fix the delete issue?

 

Official Employee

 • 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Let's do it after 11am, TerriB. How's 1PM EST sound? 

Contributor

 • 

598 Messages

7 years ago

Ah yes, the old Ghost delete issue Cato ! I have noticed that sometimes if you delete a show and it doesn't go away from the listing it will give you a "DVR service unavailable" if you try to play it, but if you go to deleted recordings it will also be listed there and if you permanently delete it the other listing will go away as well.  I suspect this is all due to a programming error that loses sync between the box and the cloud. I would have expected that this would have been fixed long ago but

 

ARRRRRGH ! Wrong answer.  Would you like to go to double jeopardy where the scores can really change ?

 

 

Official Employee

 • 

8K Messages

7 years ago

TerriB, I'll send those signals now. Your cable box may reboot during the process. 

 

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@BeowolfJones wrote:

Ah yes, the old Ghost delete issue Cato ! I have noticed that sometimes if you delete a show and it doesn't go away from the listing it will give you a "DVR service unavailable" if you try to play it, but if you go to deleted recordings it will also be listed there and if you permanently delete it the other listing will go away as well.  I suspect this is all due to a programming error that loses sync between the box and the cloud. I would have expected that this would have been fixed long ago but

 

ARRRRRGH ! Wrong answer.  Would you like to go to double jeopardy where the scores can really change ?

 ======

BJ....... I am so weary of the CLOUD messing with processes. I never ever use the darn thing yet it interferes with my enjoyment of X1.

 


 

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@CCKenF wrote:

Let's do it after 11am, TerriB. How's 1PM EST sound? 


I just got this message...its 1:30PM now....lets do this ok? I won't be able to work with you over the holiday weekend.

Official Employee

 • 

8K Messages

7 years ago

TerriB, thanks for clearing that up for me! 

 

I'm hoping the ghost deletion issue is resolved soon. I'm happy to report that we are working on it. 

 

 

How often are those channels pixelating? Is it during certain times of the day? This could be a result of the signal issues I saw earlier, so we may see some improvement after the signals were sent. Let me know! 

 

 

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@CCKenF wrote:

TerriB, thanks for clearing that up for me! 

 

I'm hoping the ghost deletion issue is resolved soon. I'm happy to report that we are working on it. 

 

 

How often are those channels pixelating? Is it during certain times of the day? This could be a result of the signal issues I saw earlier, so we may see some improvement after the signals were sent. Let me know! 

 

===

The pixelation is evident during the daytime so maybe we will get lucky after the signal was sent. It was reallly bad for months and then none and for the last week its back. 11-noon seems especially bad on ABC and of course shows up on recordings as well as live TV. Thanks for your help...fingers crossed.

 

 


 

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@CCKenF wrote:

Cool, TerriB. Let me know if you see any percentage mismatch now on the cloud vs what's on your box. The signal problems I saw before look better. 

 

As far as the ghost deletion issue, that is a known issue and we have our engineering teams looking into it. I'll make sure to update this thread when I get any news. 

 

 Ken....thanks for the test . FYI......I was not the one who posted about the Cloud/DVR % mismatch. I believe that was tctc.  I have zero use for the cloud and we don't stream orr watch any show or movie on anything other than the TV.

 

 My issue was the inability to delete recordings and we also have a lot of pixelation issues on Fox and ABC which I did not mention to you.

 

The delete issue has been turned in to engineering before over and over and nothing ever happens and we never get feedback as to what they may have found or not found to be the problem.

 

Since the signals look better to you now should I get a tech out here to test the signals into the house? I don't want someone to come out if its not really necessary.

 

 

 

 


 

Official Employee

 • 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Cool, TerriB. Let me know if you see any percentage mismatch now on the cloud vs what's on your box. The signal problems I saw before look better. 

 

As far as the ghost deletion issue, that is a known issue and we have our engineering teams looking into it. I'll make sure to update this thread when I get any news. 

 

 

 

 

Contributor

 • 

206 Messages

7 years ago


@BeowolfJones wrote:

 

ARRRRRGH ! Wrong answer.  Would you like to go to double jeopardy where the scores can really change ?

 

 


Die Hard?

Contributor

 • 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago


@CCKenF wrote:

TerriB, I'll send those signals now. Your cable box may reboot during the process. 

 


At 2:03 the screen went black for about 30 secs. Box stayed on normally

Official Employee

 • 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Fingers crossed, TerriB! Let me know if the pixelation occurs again! 

 

 

Problem Solver

 • 

538 Messages

7 years ago

Does anyone know why the firmware update for the XG 2 has been rolled-back to 2.9 from 2.10? The DVR is still using 2.10.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here