CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, lightstorm! That was exactly the issue! I wonder how on earth it got changed to off. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Ok, so I have been having this problem for months now.  I have exchanged the box out twice with my local Xfinity store and they are lost as to the cause.  I have now had 2 separate technicians to my house and they fix it for a few hours and it starts happening again.  So, I have the X1 platform in my house with internet, telephone and security.  My upstairs bonus room TV has, what I believe the technician called, and XD3 box, which was changed from an XD1 box.  I work nights and get home around 1 or 2 am.  I turn on my TV and it works for approximately 10-15 minutes and then the box shutsdown, almost like its rebooting, but it never comes back up.  I try restarting the box multiple times and it never restarts.  PLEASE HELP!!

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Wow, how frustrating! And it's weird. I definitely have the nightly reboot at that time happen, which drives me absolutely crazy since I am very much up and using the TV at that time, but I have never had it refuse to come back on.

Have you ever tried, before this happens, to manually restart your box? Sometimes, if it's right around that time, and I know I'm going to be out of the room for a couple of minutes, if it hasn't done the reboot yet, I will manually restart it. That seems to pre-empt the scheduled reboot. I would try that as soon as you get home and turn your TV on. Restart the box manually, then go get your food or drink or whatever for a couple of minutes, return and start watching and see if it still happens. Not a perfect solution, but I would be curious if it helps. I would also try manually restarting the main DVR box as well. It might be a syncing issue. 

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

box32 -- It's only that one box that's doing this right? The other Xi boxes come back up? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hey, I have my one main DVR, then 3 extra boxes.  All of the other boxes are not being used at that time, so I am not sure.  I am going to try and run around the house tonight and check all the boxes when this happens.  Wierd thing though, I woke up this morning and turned my TV on and the blue light was on the box, but no cable.  All other TV's were working, but my box wouldn't even come up.  I restarted it and the main screen, please wait blah, blah, blah, came up, but never cable.  I am thinking my coax cable might be bad.  I am going to run by the Xfinity store by my house and see if they'll give me a new cable.

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

boz32 -- That's exactly where I was going with that. If it's just that one box, then there's either something wrong with the box or the feed. Since you've already exchanged the box then the next culprit is the feed. Did getting a new coax line help? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

i am experiencing big delays with x1 os for last 2 hours. remote appears to be functioning properly, seems like it;s on the box end or os. rebooted box twice with no change, 1st reboot took almost 20 minutes. would it be comcast is pushing a huge update to box? dont normally see this much of a delay ( menu responds 30sec-2 min. after remote signal). thx

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

jsh33han -- Are you able to answer RobertWy's question about box performance today? Need to know if it was a one-time thing or a continuous symptom. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

yes thanks, performance is much better today. remote to receiver response is normal but still some flakey issues like when info is selected on current program the info for the previous program displays. seems like it's catching up though.

thank you

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

combined threads

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

NO excuse for no input from Comcast reps.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

First time ever I've gotten a customer service rep on the phone who fixed the issue at least for the moment. Makes a huge difference when they can actually understand you and you can understand them!

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

My old DVR (the substandard Comcast/Xfinity DVR that isn't part of the X1 system) didn't delete anything for me unless I was at 100%. I lost something important to me ONCE when I hit 100%, so I've been very careful never to hit that ceiling again, and not even once with the new system. 

I've had my X1 system since May, and I think 91% is the highest I have ever had the capacity filled to. I do not have anything set to "expire." I don't even know if that's an option, but it certainly isn't one I've utilized. There are things I would delete if I had to, to make room for things more important to me, but didn't want to unless I had to because I hadn't watched them yet. 

There have been a few times where I thought there were recordings missing, but I couldn't be sure. But just now I realized for sure that a recording I really wanted to watch is now missing! What gives?! Just because I am super busy and haven't had time yet doesn't mean it's okay to just delete it on my behalf! That should only be allowed if I've hit 100%, in which case it's my own fault. That was not the case here, though, and I'm really upset! What is the point of paying good money to have something record stuff for me if it deletes it before I can watch it, and for no good reason?

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Nope.  Not only is it not there, but there are 2 additional things missing from the same folder (plus something extra that is a duplicate). Luckily, for now, they are still present on my actual DVR.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello Kaniac,

Are you having an issue with missing XOD content?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here