CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

I experiened a new twist on the delete bug, not sure if it's new or I just never had the situation arise before.

I was recording a hockey game on both 721 and 723, just to be sure, since both listings were for the same game.

Once I discovered the channel I wanted to keep, I deleted the other recording.  Not only did it not delete, it kept recording and I couldn't find a way to make it stop.  And unlike the ghost delete, where when you select the ghost recording you get a DVR error message, in this case it would actually start playing the content (from the beginning each time).

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Choose cancel instead of delete.

Cancel, then xfinity, then saved, then select recording, then delete, then delete now, then exit....

Delete used to stop the recording and delete it.

Would be better if you could just delete.  Is that functionality is now gone, or just a temporary effect of the delete bug?

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

Why do IFTTT notifications show up on the top right and bottom of the screen now?

Any way to turn off voice notifications? Voice notifications are turned off on all boxes but theyre still showing up, for the past couple of weeks now.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

duplicate, cross-posting

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Hello All, 

If anyone still needs assistance with their X1 box, please let me know!

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Tctc, how long has this been going on? I see that your area is currently under some maintenance that is expected to resolve around 8pm tonight. I quickly scanned your account and see that our maintenance teams have been out in your neighborhood over the last few days working on some video issues in the area in general. I'm heading out of the office soon so I will reach out to you next week when I return to see if you saw any improvement. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Hello All, 

If anyone still needs assistance with their X1 box, please let me know!

Hi KenF, we have a   PA PX013ANM that when you first turn on the TV, you can sometimes rewind and watch the buffer, and other times there is no buffer (even though you just turned on the tv and haven't changed the channel, etc.).  Is there a setting or something else we can do to make the buffer always accessible?  Thx

In addition to that unit our setup has -

1 PA PX032ANI

1 CI CXD01ANI

1 PA PX013ANM

1 PC PXD01ANI

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Tctc, how long has this been going on? I see that your area is currently under some maintenance that is expected to resolve around 8pm tonight. I quickly scanned your account and see that our maintenance teams have been out in your neighborhood over the last few days working on some video issues in the area in general. I'm heading out of the office soon so I will reach out to you next week when I return to see if you saw any improvement. 

We've had some pretty serious connection issues over the last few days, but I don't think it's related to the buffer issue.

The lack of buffer on that one box has been ongoing for at least a couple months.

I was wondering if it might have something to do with which box it is using for a tuner, and then maybe some recordings are also going on, and then someone turns on the tv and it switches to the other box that has tuners, and therefore is the same as changing the channel, and therefore no buffer.  Not sure if that makes any sense, does the X1 detect when a TV is turned on?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Noticed this is happening on both the PA PX032ANI and the CI CXD01ANI  (not the PA PX013ANM).

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

I think I get what you're saying. The answer to your question is yes-- sorta. It was a feature we rolled out in our beta labs where the X1 can detect if a TV is turned off--not necessarily when it turns on. 

I do see a few recorded timeouts on my end from each of your boxes which is a bit unusual. I'd like to provision your cable box, especially the DVR, to see if we see any change. When can I do so? 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

I think I get what you're saying. The answer to your question is yes-- sorta. It was a feature we rolled out in our beta labs where the X1 can detect if a TV is turned off--not necessarily when it turns on. 

I do see a few recorded timeouts on my end from each of your boxes which is a bit unusual. I'd like to provision your cable box, especially the DVR, to see if we see any change. When can I do so? 

Is that like resetting it?  I'm not at home, but you can do that any time.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

No problem tctc. If you could do me a favor and restart the cable box before testing it out--that would be awesome. I'll check on you in the morning. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Sweet. I just sent the signals and only had an issue with one of them. When you get home, let me know if you see any changes. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Sweet. I just sent the signals and only had an issue with one of them. When you get home, let me know if you see any changes. 

I'll check it out, thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here