CCGwen's profile

Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

5 y ago

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review the Guidelines here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379
AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

742 Messages

5 y ago

Ive had Auto Pad Recordings turned on since its inception.
Just recently, when i play a recording, it doesnt start from the very beginning (1 minute before show starts).
So i have to backup everytime i watch a recording. This happening to anyone else?

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

5 y ago

how to bring the tv setup box or modem online.
BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

5 y ago

My Box:

 

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

 

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

 

The recording parameters are:

 

record New and repeat episodes

Save until space is needed.

 

 

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

 

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

 

 

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

5 y ago


@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

 

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

 

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

 

The recording parameters are:

 

record New and repeat episodes

Save until space is needed.

 

 

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

 

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

 

 

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)


Is it a new season of a show? Did they change the name like they do Surviver each year or some history documentaries? 

BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

5 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

 

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

 

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

 

The recording parameters are:

 

record New and repeat episodes

Save until space is needed.

 

 

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

 

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

 

 

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)


Is it a new season of a show? Did they change the name like they do Surviver each year or some history documentaries? 


NO and NO.    Everything in the title is unchanged. There is should be no Parsing problem with the Title. I suspect something with the cloud or some other more subtle problem. The weird thing is it skips a couple of days and then works again. It seems like a flag is getting mis-set somewhere , perhaps in a schedule database.

 

PS: I said the record parameter was "NEW and REPEAT EPISODES" which should record everything.

 

Select "MYSHOW" from Comcast.GUIDE where GUIDE_TITLE = "Name of My Show" and Episode_Type = "NEW" or "REPEAT"

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

5 y ago


@BeowolfJones wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My Box:

 

XRE  1.71.04

STB 2.7p1s1

 

I recently noticed that my box is failing to record some episodes of a series recording I set up about a year ago.

 

The recording parameters are:

 

record New and repeat episodes

Save until space is needed.

 

 

For some reason the software on the box is skipping episodes. ( They aren't  listed as being on the scheduled list), nor are they flagged in the guide listing. I have tried setting up the series recording again 3 times but it still doesn't take. I have been forced to manually set each episode to record. The software doesn't skip every episode but it has skipped episodes twice in the last two weeks.

 

I suggest everyone check their series recording to make sure they aren't missing episodes.  If the recording icon (little red circle with eclipses) is missing you won't record the show regardless of what the recording set up process says.

 

 

(I've been waiting for X! to malfunction as it's been a while since it mucked up something I've come to rely on)


Is it a new season of a show? Did they change the name like they do Surviver each year or some history documentaries? 


NO and NO.    Everything in the title is unchanged. There is should be no Parsing problem with the Title. I suspect something with the cloud or some other more subtle problem. The weird thing is it skips a couple of days and then works again. It seems like a flag is getting mis-set somewhere , perhaps in a schedule database.

 

PS: I said the record parameter was "NEW and REPEAT EPISODES" which should record everything.

 

Select "MYSHOW" from Comcast.GUIDE where GUIDE_TITLE = "Name of My Show" and Episode_Type = "NEW" or "REPEAT"


What's the name of the show and channel?

Again

Expert

 • 

26.4K Messages

5 y ago


Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.
BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

5 y ago

Show = "Murder, She Wrote" - Channel 507 (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)

 

The series recordings also skipped episodes of "Matlock" on channel 507 (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)

 

None of this has occurred until our latest software update. Just another X! boondoggle to deal with.

 

PS: It's really irritating to get an E-mail about a post only to go to the link on the site and get a irritating message that "You don't have sufficient privilege's, Blah, Blah, Blah. Too many posts get zapped by Heavy handed letter of the forum law moderators. Give us a little room to breathe already.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

742 Messages

5 y ago

Finally just got a new tv. Vizio M43-C1. Connected to my XiD via HDMI.

Since I got it, sound has been cutting in & out & popping. I thought it was the Volume Leveling feature, but i just realized its not.

The audio cut outs are baked into the recording. I can rewind and the audio cut outs & blips in the same spot, with both Volume Leveling turned on & off via the Vizio.

So what can be the issue here?

Audio settings on XiD are :
HDMI Audio Output : Stereo

And I just tested my Vizio in the living room and the audio cuts out in the same spot on that tv.
My main box is an Arris XG1-A

Prior to getting my new tv, i havent heard or noticed any audio dropouts like this on my old tv & living room Vizio.
Again

Expert

 • 

26.4K Messages

5 y ago

Comment not related to topic.
BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
Finally just got a new tv. Vizio M43-C1. Connected to my XiD via HDMI.

Since I got it, sound has been cutting in & out & popping. I thought it was the Volume Leveling feature, but i just realized its not.

The audio cut outs are baked into the recording. I can rewind and the audio cut outs & blips in the same spot, with both Volume Leveling turned on & off via the Vizio.

So what can be the issue here?

Audio settings on XiD are :
HDMI Audio Output : Stereo

And I just tested my Vizio in the living room and the audio cuts out in the same spot on that tv.
My main box is an Arris XG1-A

Prior to getting my new tv, i havent heard or noticed any audio dropouts like this on my old tv & living room Vizio.

1. Does your audio drop out during a live broadcast ? If so the cable source is the issue. Make sure the coaxial cable is firmly seated and not causing the problem. I suggest recording some shows while you watch them live to see what happens with the audio. Since the recording repoduces the problem at the same point if you rewind and replay I think that pretty much eliminates the TV HDMI connection as a culprit, however it wouldn't hurt to switch to another HDMI connection port on the TV to see what happens as HDMI connections are bidirectional due to the HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) protocol.

 

2. Popping could be a bad connection to the HDMI cable or a bad cable. (replace cable)

 

3. You may have a marginal disk drive in the Box. (low probability but possible) get new box.

 

4. Unfortunately, some TV brands and models just don't get along well with Comcast Boxes. My old Samsung HDTV kept dropping to 720p resolution but my newer Sony holds 1080p constantly. Sorry, I know this is the last thing you want to hear but it is something I have discovered.

BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

5 y ago

The series recording problem of skipping episodes continues to be an issue with me. This week I had to manually set 12 recordings for "Murder She wrote" and "Matlock". I thought that it was because they were marked  with the blue "Watched" bar but other shows that were  marked "Watched" recorded as a series recording so that is not the issue. Something on the back end is causing this and it is a definite glitch. This has just happened with the latest release but it may be back end server software related to the cloud that is the culprit.

 

It is time for a addition to the recording settings that says "all shows" since "New and repeat episodes" doesn't seem to work properly any more.

 

No news from Comcast to our repeated inquiries about "BufferGate". Maybe we could sic Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford on them. The Ghost of Richard Nixon is laughing.

 

 

.

TerriB

Contributor

 • 

3K Messages

5 y ago


@BeowolfJones wrote:

The series recording problem of skipping episodes continues to be an issue with me. This week I had to manually set 12 recordings for "Murder She wrote" and "Matlock". I thought that it was because they were marked  with the blue "Watched" bar but other shows that were  marked "Watched" recorded as a series recording so that is not the issue. Something on the back end is causing this and it is a definite glitch. This has just happened with the latest release but it may be back end server software related to the cloud that is the culprit.

 

It is time for a addition to the recording settings that says "all shows" since "New and repeat episodes" doesn't seem to work properly any more.

 

No news from Comcast to our repeated inquiries about "BufferGate". Maybe we could sic Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford on them. The Ghost of Richard Nixon is laughing.

 

 ==

I am sorry to hear that the series recording issue has escalated. I have been lucky lately I guess..
Having said that the 'ghost delete' issue is getting worse and worse.  Tired of syncing DVR over and over.

 

Come on Comcast....discuss BufferGate with us. Silence is NOT golden.

.


 

rmaxon317

Contributor

 • 

23 Messages

5 y ago

I have to constantly unplug my main X1 DVR because when I turn on my TV, the image will be frozen on a channel and no matter what I try to do (change channels, access On Demand, etc.) the same image is frozen on screen but the audio does change channels. No other way fixes the issue other than completely unplugging the device and plugging back in. 

New to the Community?

Start Here