CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@JustinRivera wrote:
To start, my x1 xid-c is connected to my LG 1080p flat panel tv via HDMI cable, a good quality cable, gold ends, that is in good known working condition. I have no issues with any other peripherals connected to my tv, xbox, ps4, chromecast, and laptop all function with no problems. My typical daily usage for my x1 box in the bedroom is none during the day. But in the nightime, ill watch tv and then fall asleep with the tv on. I have powersaving enabled so after 4 hours, the box will turn off or "standby" and then my tv will detect no signal which it will cause it to turn off after 10 minutes of seeing no signal.

For about a week straight I've been having an issue where my x1 box would seem dead when I go to use it the next evening. Black screen, no sound, functionality with remote or anything. So I disconnect the power to it then reconnect, and usually that will fix the issue.

Then the weekend before christmas, I go to turn on my tv, and I get a blue screen. No audio or activity when remote is used. Pressing power on the box will turn it off. Then I get same issue when turning it on. Never had that issue before. I try unplugging the power cable method, and I feel a brisk of success because I get the "powering up, this may take a few minutes" screen. Then after about a minute, blue screen.

I felt as if my box malfunctioned. So I swapped it to another xid-c from a living room. Same exact issue. And the xid-c from my bedroom works fine in the living room! I've tried numerous hdmi cables (every hdmi cable in my house for that matter) and still have the same issue only with my tv. How is it that my tv is having issues with these boxes all of a sudden? I know the input/port is ok because I've tried my other devices with that port. And the xid is putting out a signal because if it wasnt, my tv would show a "NO SIGNAL" splash screen, not a blue screen.

I hooked up the xid to a living room tv attempted to changer the video settings, and then reconnect it to my bedroom tv, no luck. I've done this back and forth with different settings as well, same thing. I've even tried hooking it up via coaxial (which seems to display/sound ok, just in SD which is tough to watch going from HD) and changing the settings. But no luck.

I was able to access a menu that I found on here via exit, down down, 2. And can see that my hdmi is disabled. Is there any way to change that on my own?

I know the x1 system updates it's boxes on its own so I've waited it out in hopes that it was just a bad update. I've been browsing this forum for about two weeks on my free time in hopes for a resolution, but no luck. I hope it wasn't a software update that put my tv out of x1's minimum requirements. And Ilwe've had bad luck with xfinity's phone tech support and tech visits, so I would like to avoid that and save it as a definite last resort if necessary.

Please help

I'd suggest swapping two HDMI cables between boxes and see if the problem follows the cable. If problem doesn't 'move', temporarily swap (for example) the DVR and Chromecast HDMI ports and test both inputs to see if problem moves to the Chromecast device and DVR begins working. 

My apologies, I thought I replied but I guess I forgot to hit the post button.  I tried your advice and still have no luck with a solution.  Same situation as my original concern.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

swapping set top boxes temporarily in the home to test or swapping out the set top box at comcast would be the next tests I would try.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

swapping set top boxes temporarily in the home to test or swapping out the set top box at comcast would be the next tests I would try.

I've tried that as I stated in my original post.  What's weird is that my set top box with the issue will work fine in another tv in the house.  I try the known good box with my tv, and it still has no HDMI.  For some reason the issue only sticks to my tv.  But I have no issues using other HDMI devices on that tv, on that port.  I've tried putting my set top box on all my ports, different cables, and it still doesn't work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have had nothing but problems with the x1 platform, picture will freeze, or it will stick on one channel and won't let you change the channel. I get error messages so many times a day, I'm so sick of calling tech help, they never help!!! I'm once more waiting for tech help to show up between 10 and 12. This is the absolute worst service ever!!! I want to get rid of their service but they will charge me to disconnect. As soon as I can I will change to another cable provider. Never again will I use xfinity1

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@annhulsman4725 wrote:

I have had nothing but problems with the x1 platform, picture will freeze, or it will stick on one channel and won't let you change the channel. I get error messages so many times a day, I'm so sick of calling tech help, they never help!!! I'm once more waiting for tech help to show up between 10 and 12. This is the absolute worst service ever!!! I want to get rid of their service but they will charge me to disconnect. As soon as I can I will change to another cable provider. Never again will I use xfinity1

hi, another customer here. What have you tried to get your bad signal fixed? You might want to call 877-896-8678 and ask the representative to run diagnostics on your signal levels for your set top boxes.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I recently upgraded to X1 service and Xfinity sent me boxes to replace the boxes on my five screens.  I tried to activate X1 box on my main screen and it would not power up.  Called Xfinity and after about one hour working with rep on phone, no results.  Called Xfinity to report this and was asked to reinstall X1 box.  I did and box would not power up.  Rep said she would send me another box.  I tried to activate the replacement box and it would not power up.  Another hour with Xfinity rep and no results.  I did an online search regarding the X1 service and results show much trouble with the X1 boxes.  Tomorrow all six boxes that were sent to me are going back.  Not worth the hassle.  I should say that I have constant issues with Xfinity service and have had numerous visits from techs.  It once took months to resolve an internet conectivity issue.  Line to my house was replaced three times.  Finally, a tech came out and noticed that my line was plugged into a defective port.  Currently, I need to reboot my modem several times a week because of internet connection issues.  I have had techs visit with no results.  Of course, Xfinity wants to bill for these useless tech calls.  If there was a viable alternative to Xfinity in my area, I would change in a minute.  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have had Xfinity X1 service for about 6 months and am very happy with the service provided and the price. Within the last couple of months my X1 receiver keeps freezing at least once every other day. The picture freezes and I can change channels the audio will change to the new channel but the video picture stays the same, frozen. I have to do a refresh which takes about 10 minutes to get it to work again. I have not called support yet but if it gets any worse I will. Anything I should be doing? Any tips would be appreciated. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Skydave13 wrote:

I have had Xfinity X1 service for about 6 months and am very happy with the service provided and the price. Within the last couple of months my X1 receiver keeps freezing at least once every other day. The picture freezes and I can change channels the audio will change to the new channel but the video picture stays the same, frozen. I have to do a refresh which takes about 10 minutes to get it to work again. I have not called support yet but if it gets any worse I will. Anything I should be doing? Any tips would be appreciated. 

you are describing what happens when a DHCP (HD security system) has a failed handshake causing the sending device to turn off the video. Try swapping the ends of your HDMI cable (will change the cable stress and will scrape the connectors as the plugs are reversed. You could swap an HDMI cable from another device in the same way.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

ghost recordings are back. Started about a month or two ago. I have like 3-5 recordings a day that dont delete and hang around for a couple days.
Anyone else?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
ghost recordings are back. Started about a month or two ago. I have like 3-5 recordings a day that dont delete and hang around for a couple days.
Anyone else?

when your box reboots the ghost listings will disappear. To update immediately, press the xfinity button on the remote >> device settings >> sync DVR (now). Problem has never been fixed as far as I know. 

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

7 years ago

I think you meant HDCP 🙂

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Anyone else?

Oh yes...the problem never went away and is worse than ever. We should not have to use 'sync dvr' or reboot to force deletions. Nothing seems to have been done to fix this.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here...frozen video, but audio continues on...no channel change possible. Box still responds to "Settings"/"Help"/"Restart".  Happens about once a week to our DVR (AX013ANM), and occasionally to our extra room small boxes (CXD01ANI), but I think technically that the DVR/main box feeds("IP tuner?") the extra room boxes anyway.  A recent install (2.5 months ago), so signal should still be OK. Also, do the "system restarts" that happen every night about 3am really deliver fixes/updates or is it mostly a "preventative maintence" reboot? Is there a listing of current software versions for the various Comcast boxes to see if mine is up to date?  Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Brian_D wrote:

Same problem here...frozen video, but audio continues on...no channel change possible. Box still responds to "Settings"/"Help"/"Restart".  Happens about once a week to our DVR (AX013ANM), and occasionally to our extra room small boxes (CXD01ANI), but I think technically that the DVR/main box feeds("IP tuner?") the extra room boxes anyway.  A recent install (2.5 months ago), so signal should still be OK. Also, do the "system restarts" that happen every night about 3am really deliver fixes/updates or is it mostly a "preventative maintence" reboot? Is there a listing of current software versions for the various Comcast boxes to see if mine is up to date?  Thanks.

what you are experiencing appears to be an HDMI security issue with HDCP handshake error. To clear the error, unplug and replug the HDMI cable connectors or better swap ends on the cable (be sure to connect to the same HDMI port on the DVR). Typically it is a momentarily bad connection that happens for just a moment. 

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

7 years ago

@Brian_D wrote:

Yep. This issue started for a 'bunch' of us about the beginning of December. (Do a search for "Frozen Screen" or "Frozen Video"). Same exact issue as you.  Some of the people here continue to suggest that it's our Hardware (e.g., HDMI, etc.) or the SIGNAL getting lost, requiring a Service call.  I stand by my own experience that all of my HARDWARE & SIGNAL is rock solid. (I have NOT had the issue for over a week during some very very HEAVY Rain storms, but just a couple of days ago, SUNNY day, picture froze, Restarted.) I truly believe this is a Software error that for some reason more than just a few of us are affected by. Too coincidental, IMHO.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here