CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

I need someone to actually schedule a maintenance tech, when they say theyre going to. The tiling on mlb has to be an outside issue.

Nobody seems to want to do their job correctly because accountability doesnt exist in the current system.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Rick is right. I had a similar problem. The tech got everything in the house as close to perfect as possible but it took several calls to find that there was a configuration problem in our segment of the Comcast infrastructure and a neighbor had a bad pole connection that was causing reflections for everyone on our node. That said, X1 still has problems because of it's cloud based design that keep cropping up when connections to the servers are slow. So you can maximize your cabling signals all day but the X1 design is still waiting in the shadows to pull the rug out from under your viewing experience. When I compare the stability of the old system vs the new X1 system, the old system wins hands down.

For some reason Comcast thinks people are more satisfied with new features then reliability in their system. They obviously ignore the plethora of complaints about interrupted service. If they think I wasn't totally incensed about losing 10 minutes of my Broncos winning the super bowl game due to X1 they are WRONG !

X1 = Caveat Emptor

I have had an uncountable number of tech visits as well.   The last visit involved "work at the pole", but I'm not sure it's solved anything, will give it a couple days.

I think the work mainly involved terminating a couple lines or ports or whatever they are that were left open, and hoping that was what was causing the intermittent interference.

BeowolfJones, do you have any details on what exactly the "configuration problem" was in your neighborhood, and what solved it?

I'm pretty sure my issues are neighborhood based and would love to be able to pass any info along to the techs here.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

I find it hard to believe the only way to schedule a maintenance tech is to send out a regular tech first. Which is what I did two weeks ago and he said he would schedule one. I cant waste another 3 hours of my time and a new techs time because the last tech failed to do what he said he would.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello adammusic22,

I apologize for the inconvenience. There is currently is a service interruption in your area. What is the issue you are having and how long have you been experiencing it?

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

All the errors started with recent update.

Scrambling / tiling on MLB extra innings since i got X1 like 2 years ago.

This has nothing to do with a service interruption, if there even really is one. If there is one, it shows up on the my account app. There hasnt been one for a couple weeks. So "'my area is experiencing a service interruption" is a terrible excuse.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

If you read my messages you would be aware that i dont want another tech to come out. I need someone to schedule a maintenace tech to check outside lines.
I cant waste anymore time waiting for an inside tech to arrive and telling me he will schedule a maintenance tech and never does. I did that 2 weeks ago and a week before that. And 1800 said they would and didnt.
I dont have to be home or wait around for an outside maintenace tech.
I would also like to be informed about what the maintenance tech finds or doesnt find.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello adammusic22,

I beg your pardon, I was not making an excuse for the issue you are having I was simply making you aware. I can schedule a service technician to come out and troubleshoot  your equipment as you requested. What would be a good day and time? I will endeavor to get a time slot as close to that as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
If you read my messages you would be aware that i dont want another tech to come out. I need someone to schedule a maintenace tech to check outside lines.
I cant waste anymore time waiting for an inside tech to arrive and telling me he will schedule a maintenance tech and never does. I did that 2 weeks ago and a week before that. And 1800 said they would and didnt.
I dont have to be home or wait around for an outside maintenace tech.
I would also like to be informed about what the maintenance tech finds or doesnt find.

That's the harded part, getting someone to actually do what they promise and follow up.  And spending literally hours trying to get it scheduled or being there for the in home work.

The last guy I had said he'd open a maintenance ticket, and he did, but still no one showed up.  After several days of bugging him, super nice guy, he came out and went up on the pole himself.  And made some minor adjustments I believe, not sure if he can do the same things a maintenance tech can?

I have opened so many tickets where I have called back in to check on them (since no one ever followed up with me, as promised), only to have someone tell me the ticket had been closed.  And there has never been any actual resolution or research into my issue, each time they say the ticket was closed due to the amount of time that passed.

Not sure if they're hoping the problem will fix itself, or I'll just give up, but neither of those has happened.  Yet...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

Moved to own thread

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi adammusic22, I will get this to our regional team to further assist in getting a maintenance/network technician to check the lines beyond your premises. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Upgraded from rear projection 1080p to 4k UHD, cable box showing 1080p. Do I need to get a new cable box?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

THIS IS INSANE, WE HAVE BEEN YOLD IT WOULD BE OUT LAST YEAR, THEN ONCE AGAIN THIS YEAR AND BOTH TIMES IT DIDNT!!!! IM SO SICK OF NOT BRING ABLE TO USE THE FULL CAPABILITY OF MY 4K TV, I MIND AS WELL SWITCH PROVIDERS SINCE COMCAST CAN'T MANAGE TO KEEP THEIR WORD OR EVEN FILL US IN AFTER BREAKING THEIR WORD!!!! IM BEYOND P.O.'d AND FED UP WITH COMCAST!!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Background: About 3 weeks ago, we started losing service on our standard digital service (S0a000) - on both boxes.  A line tech (who happens to live in the area) saw the service call and stopped by the pole to check signal.  He indicated that he saw massive fluctuations and also went upline to the main box and found water in the box.  Once drained, the boxes immediately picked up signal.

We still - on one of the two motorola boxes - continued to received intermittant S0a000 errors with outages lasting anywhere from 3 hours to overnight.  The other one stabilized and did not go out at all.

Fastforward to this weekend - Tech came out to install upgrade service to X1  Also installed new splitter and lines. Worked beautifully for 2 hours. Then secondary box (HD started rebooting every 5-7 minutes.  All channels available, just frustrating reboots.) Two hours after that, secondary box starts pixellating and losing channels.

Chat with tech support online - S/N of box given. Main Box (HD/DVR) rebooted by tech support (I think in error but she says no) and then all issues transferred to BOTH boxes (pixelled channels, unavailable channels, all premiums struggle).  Secondary box refreshed (x2) - no change. Online tech says "our servers cant see the boxes".  Surprise.....no tech visit available until later this week (where we aren't available) but tech visit required.

Current Status:

Main Box (HD/DVR)- Over 1/2 of channels unwatchable or not accessible due to pixellations, or error codes XRE - 3062, XRE 3059 XRE 3056, and XRE 3062  All premium channels affected. Most won't tuen due to errors, the few that will are blocking/pixeling.

Specs Current on Main box - Tuner 1 SNR 26.9 , Power -18.2 , Tuner 2 Power -17.6 and SNR 27.5, Tuner 3 Power .0 / SNR 23.7, Tuner 4 -16.8/28.4, Tuner 5 -19.0 / 26.5, Tuner 6 0/25.5.

X1 Labs - Signal Strength "Low" (based on the numbers, yeah, I would say so)

Current - Second Box

X1 Labs - "Cannot detect Signal Strength"

Questions - 

1.  I requested a line tech to hit the pole an see what the strength is from there.  The previous line tech (from 3 weeks ago) told us to do this (he works weekends and is within 2 miles of here).  She indicated that it is a problem with our at the house (well...okay, since your tech who was here replaced everything...likely not).  How do I get a true Comcast maintenance line tech to run the lines to ensure clean signal?

2.  What are the likely causes of this type of issue (I have searched the forum - it appears that there are multiple things occurring and none may tie together other than bad signal being delivered by Comcast which the chat agent indicates is not the problem...yeah right).

3.  Any internal things I can try to correct?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Some searching seems to indicate Satellite has a 4k channel but I'd guess Xfinity will have something available in the future once certain stardards are in place.  It doesn't seem the Olympics will be broadcast in 4k anyway, at least not 2016. I'd be a bit patient as the 4k wars are likely to continue with UHD player Brands offering different capabilities and options such as 3D.   Does your 4k set utilize an upscaler?  If I could get a Blu-Ray UHD player with an upscaler and some possible streaming capabilities I'd think I'd be ahead of the game temporarily. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here