CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

It is ludicrous to think that when we go in to a service center or talk with a tech on phone or in our home that they are not platform users. I know that the last time I was in the service center the rep admitted she had some of the same issues I do and she documented them and promised to escalate but I have not been back nor have I heard anything. She was very knowledgeable.

Not every employee or tech live in the Comcast footprint.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Brandon - would you please specify who you are posting to?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
I also just experienced the glitch where i try to resume watching a recording that i stopped watching later in the episode, where clicking resume just started me over.

This is probably the most buggy update ever.

The Corporate.comcast.com page with the "new this month" updates, should be required to list all the updates.

ie.

- Language Choice at Installation.

- Favorite Teams Now in Sports Guide View.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniently start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

tctc wrote:

The Corporate.comcast.com page with the "new this month" updates, should be required to list all the updates.

ie.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniantly start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

HAHAHAHA. I literally laughed out loud. 

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

8 years ago

oops sorry about that, I was posting to you, Kaniac.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, Brandon. Were you calling from a Pennsylvania number? I received 2 phone calls from a PA#, so I blocked it. I have been receiving a TON of spam calls in the last couple of months, so my habit lately has just been to block any unfamiliar number that calls me more than once in a short period. If it had said Comcast, I might have answered. 

I'll see about unblocking it, and you can try again.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Twice this message showed up on my xiD, with no update following. Add this glitch to the list.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:
I also just experienced the glitch where i try to resume watching a recording that i stopped watching later in the episode, where clicking resume just started me over.

This is probably the most buggy update ever.

ie.

- When you return to watch the rest of your recording, you will inconveniently start over at the beginning.

- Shuffle feature added.

===

Just imagine how nice it would be to have them ANNOUNCE whats in an update on their website. Not everyone is on this forum and its like pulling teeth sometimes to find out whats 'new'. They should also post a bug list. I receive the 'corporate announcement' email from them daily but they never address the platform.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Kaniac wrote:

Hi Crystal, 

My DVR says is 53% full, soo...? 

Secondly, are you saying that if it's more than 75% full (or in this case, more than 53% full), I should expect that it won't work anymore? What's the point of the capacity, then? Even my crappy old DVR worked up to 100%. 

The darn thing should hold what its supposed to hold..PERIOD. Ours is always over 50%

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

Intere

@adammusic22 wrote:
Twice this message showed up on my xiD, with no update following. Add this glitch to the list.

Interesting! I never saw a screen telling me there was an update coming. Box reboots itself sometimes but I know why and its not updates because the version doesn't change and our updates seem to occur overnight on weekends.

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:

If I were you, I would take the XiD box back to the nearest Comcast store and replace it with an XG2, if they have them.

The XG2 has its own tuner and doesn't use the DVR's tuners.

It's a free exchange and all you have to give them is the box.  You can keep the power cord, remote and HDMI cable.

Just keep in mind that also means it needs a better signal. An XiD only needs a good enough MOCA signal back to the primary DVR, not all the way to the outside plant. Just one benefit, since in many homes the primary DVR is installed to get a better signal and many other rooms in the house don't need that if using an IP only companion box like the XiD, though yes one downside is like you said it does eat up a tuner.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Apparently my xid is using a tuner off the xg2, leaving all tuners available on my xg1

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Apparently my xid is using a tuner off the xg2, leaving all tuners available on my xg1

There is nothing wrong with the Xid using tuners off of the XG2.  The Xg2 is used as an additional source for tuners.

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

8 years ago

@Kaniac wrote:

Thanks, Brandon. Were you calling from a Pennsylvania number? I received 2 phone calls from a PA#, so I blocked it. I have been receiving a TON of spam calls in the last couple of months, so my habit lately has just been to block any unfamiliar number that calls me more than once in a short period. If it had said Comcast, I might have answered. 

I'll see about unblocking it, and you can try again.

I tried to call you from my desk phone which is a PA number and I also tried to call you later in the evening from a NJ number.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Another issue.

Watching Orioles game on Fox now.

Since I cant trust Auto Extend, I changed it to record 1.5 hours after original stop time.
This did not work. Stopped recording at 10 on the dot (original stop time).

Had to set up to record 3 next slots on Fox.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here