CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

re: 1.59.08 xre and 2.2p3s2 firmware

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

again so didn't know it was still broken. deletefail2.jpg

Yep the ghost is 'alive' and well more than ever. Many assets just will not delete no matter what we do. This is an old problem that keeps coming back.  I get the message you show when I try to 'open' the show and try to cancel it that way rather than going over to the 'X' to delete.  The DVR service is working perfectly regardless of that message EXCEPT for the deleting part so that message is misleading.

Still have that issue.  I went to the recently deleted and "permanently deleted" the show that wouldn't go away, and it went away immediately.  So that might be a workaround (to add to the list...).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

re: 1.59.08 xre and 2.2p3s2 firmware

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

again so didn't know it was still broken. deletefail2.jpg

Yep the ghost is 'alive' and well more than ever. Many assets just will not delete no matter what we do. This is an old problem that keeps coming back.  I get the message you show when I try to 'open' the show and try to cancel it that way rather than going over to the 'X' to delete.  The DVR service is working perfectly regardless of that message EXCEPT for the deleting part so that message is misleading.

Still have that issue.  I went to the recently deleted and "permanently deleted" the show that wouldn't go away, and it went away immediately.  So that might be a workaround (to add to the list...).

it is easy to clear (just put in power save mode for a second or two) and the ghost listings go away. with fw 2.2p5 and xre server 1.60.04 2/2/2016 new problem: intermittent full loss of communication and status with other DVRs in home. Same reset fixed it wish I had checked the MoCA table before resetting it. To me it looked like the box had lost MoCA mesh connection.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

tctc and Rustyben.....thanks for the two new workarounds. Instead of feature 'how to do' Comcast needs to do 'how to workaround' . More and more instead of fixing bugs expecially long time existing ones they wait for users to come up with out of the box ways to solve things. Great way to run a business I must say.

Regular Contributor

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Please give users the option of turning off the info footer that appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there for five seconds after almost every action. It's distracting and annoying, and it makes replaying a small section of a program or sporting event very difficult when it blocks so much of the content. I know what channel I'm watching! And if I forget it is easy to get that information otherwise!

While I'm at it I might as well mention another annoyance: The prompt that tells me I can simply press the Fast Forward button to jump ahead 24 hours in the Guide. Once you know that you never, ever need to be reminded of it again! When it appears it covers the timeline at the top of the guide and is generally distracting. Whoever designed these notifications I'm sure had good intentions, but they become annoying very quickly.

Thank you.

Jim

PS - And, yes... I do know that I can press Exit to end the info footer early. But that requires keeping the remote in hand at all times and since the footer appears so often it's even more annoying to Exit from it constantly. (Adding this because I notice that someone always replies to similar posts with this information!)

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@Ryancrice wrote:

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

nYMVyx4

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.

When I first turn on my tv I get a line of pixels at the top of the screen that kind of blinks but it goes away rather quickly. I decided I was not to mention it on the forums and then I saw your post. With all the X1 issues I have am not going to worry over this one unless it gets bigger or stays longer...lol.

My black bar and line of pixels remains throughout, it never changes or goes away unfortunately, so it detracts from the viewing experience 😞

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@J-Mac wrote:

Please give users the option of turning off the info footer that appears at the bottom of the screen and stays there for five seconds after almost every action. It's distracting and annoying, and it makes replaying a small section of a program or sporting event very difficult when it blocks so much of the content. I know what channel I'm watching! And if I forget it is easy to get that information otherwise!

While I'm at it I might as well mention another annoyance: The prompt that tells me I can simply press the Fast Forward button to jump ahead 24 hours in the Guide. Once you know that you never, ever need to be reminded of it again! When it appears it covers the timeline at the top of the guide and is generally distracting. Whoever designed these notifications I'm sure had good intentions, but they become annoying very quickly.

Thank you.

Jim

PS - And, yes... I do know that I can press Exit to end the info footer early. But that requires keeping the remote in hand at all times and since the footer appears so often it's even more annoying to Exit from it constantly. (Adding this because I notice that someone always replies to similar posts with this information!)

actually better to press up because if your timing is bad (it removed itself just before hitting exit) you will actually exit the viewing of your asset (on demand or DVR recording). 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

it is easy to clear (just put in power save mode for a second or two) and the ghost listings go away. with fw 2.2p5 and xre server 1.60.04 2/2/2016 new problem: intermittent full loss of communication and status with other DVRs in home. Same reset fixed it wish I had checked the MoCA table before resetting it. To me it looked like the box had lost MoCA mesh connection.

the problem with stuck popover windows still happens. I was watching a recorded asset and pressed record button instead of fast forward. stupidly, the menu asks if i want to record just this episode (while watching the episode days later) and would not dismiss. used the same powersave on/off to reset the screen. wonder if anyone is even working on the problem. 2.2p5s3 and 1.60.04 (2/2/2016) still.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

8 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

I had it yesterday.  Same versions.

Hi.  We have a fix in hand for the "stuck info bar" issue and you'll see that update soon.  Thanks for reporting it!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

X1 is a very independable service,  I continue to get situations with the picture freezing and then have tp reboot at least twice to get it back.  Each reboot takes a long time and most times once does not do it.  The features are grat when the service works in a dependable way.

I am lookin at the " something's nto guite right " screen now  For sure since I have no service.

I have also had comcast try to upgrade the modem a couple of times nut in each case when the tech arrives, they say I am better off to stay as is sins it is working and there habve been problems with the new modem

What a way to almost do business   Oh for FIOS

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

1.60.05 2/10/2016 and 2.2p5s3

the consecutive show recording bug (2nd one records an hour early - i'm in central zone) bug is still present Had been a while since it happened thought it was squashed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

1.60.05 2/10 and fw 2.2p7s1

still have ghost listing of a recorded asset after deletion (intermittent). no joy on that issue with new xre and new firmware.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

@Tylerj232 wrote:
HELP!!!!! I have the X1 system and my second box won't connect. Everything is wired up correctly

1.  Are you sure the cable outlet is LIVE?

2.  WHat is rthe model # of the box not connecting?

3.  Can you swap locations to see if the outlet is live and you are able to activate the box?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

HELP!!!!! I have the X1 system and my second box won't connect. Everything is wired up correctly

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

8 years ago

Hi.  We have removed the need to turn on or off in Comcast Labs menus.  It is now only appear on music artists pages, and in Kids Zone.  If you'd like to use it for your kids, please enter Kids Zone and you'll see the feature there!  Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

What happened to the shuffle feature? The shuffle feature for on demand and recorded programs alike disappeared about a week ago and has not reappeared. It has also gone missing from the Comcast labs menu. This is a problem for me. Call me a horrible parent but every once and a while, I need Disney Junior to entertain the kids for me. Shuffle play facilitated this and no, the Playlist feature does not fill this void. Please tell the childless geek who removed this feature to put it back... for my sanity. That is all.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here