CCGwen's profile
CCGwen
Crafty Conversation
Resourceful Response
Discussion Driver

Valued Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

bradide

Frequent Visitor

 • 

18 Messages

5 y ago

I tried a no loss amp, looked a little different than what you posted, it was white. My neighbor took it out of his house, for me to try, comcast installed it. Looks like I'm waiting untill the middle of Febuary to get cable looked at.....

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

5 y ago


@bradide wrote:

Now I'm reading online about the need for a "MoCA filter".... great....


The Moca filter "should" already be in place outside, but it has nothing to do with tiling. It just keeps your recordings in house and keeps them from transmitting to the neighbors ( think of it like a reflector). 

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

5 y ago


@bradide wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P12QME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 The x1 box freezes up and reboots at least once an hour and usually every 10-15 minutes


That's not the right one to use for X1. The one I posted( of 2 acceptable types) eliminates splitters if you are able to home run your cables to that spot. And won't add to the upstream or lose signal on the downstream.

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I had my X1 main box replaced due to some HD channels not working. All of my recorded programs are not showing up. My scheduled reocrdings are showing up but none that are already recorded. I performed a sync and rebooted the box. I thought that since it was cloud based it would show my previously recoreded programs. Any help would be appreciated

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

5 y ago

I have been beyond disappointed with X1 since I "upgraded."  I have had to reset my boxes at least 5 times every few hours.  The lip sync doesn't match up and worse....there is no way to actually reach anyone to talk to them.  They send a refresh singal....then you have to wait half an hour to see if it works?  I am not paying this much to have my cable freeze up constantly and then not be able to write or talk to anyone to get it fixed.  BTW...my internet is slower than before I upgraded.  What do I need to do to actually watch one show all the way through without having to go through the minute long box reset?????

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

5 y ago


@vipey7 wrote:

I have been beyond disappointed with X1 since I "upgraded."  I have had to reset my boxes at least 5 times every few hours.  The lip sync doesn't match up and worse....there is no way to actually reach anyone to talk to them.  They send a refresh singal....then you have to wait half an hour to see if it works?  I am not paying this much to have my cable freeze up constantly and then not be able to write or talk to anyone to get it fixed.  BTW...my internet is slower than before I upgraded.  What do I need to do to actually watch one show all the way through without having to go through the minute long box reset?????


go to xfinity>>settings(gear)>>about and see if your firmware listed under STB line is 2.2p5.. if not call 877-896-8678 and ask them to push out the current firmware.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

5 y ago


@waldo5678 wrote:

I had my X1 main box replaced due to some HD channels not working. All of my recorded programs are not showing up. My scheduled reocrdings are showing up but none that are already recorded. I performed a sync and rebooted the box. I thought that since it was cloud based it would show my previously recoreded programs. Any help would be appreciated


Yes, based on common "cloud" implementations, Google, Apple, etc., you would expect to be able to restore your recordings.  But Comcast has taken a different path...

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

5 y ago

SO does that mean that my recordings won't be restored to the main DVR? They show up online so I guess I can watch them there

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

5 y ago


@waldo5678 wrote:

SO does that mean that my recordings won't be restored to the main DVR? They show up online so I guess I can watch them there


don't let anyone convince you to delete the recordings on the 'old' DVR as that would also delete the recordings on the cloud DVR

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Ryancrice

Contributor

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

 

nYMVyx4

 

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

 

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

5 y ago

Upgraded my comcast service last week and received my X1 cable box today. When I turn it on, I either get the welcome boot up screen, followed by the connected to my entertainment screen, to nothing, or a bright blue screen. My television defaults to a black screen, when nothing is on the input. I have a tech scheduled to come out, but the earliest they can come is sunday (superbowl!!!). I tried using the online chat feature, but to no avail. Any tips to get it working?

Frequent Visitor

 • 

7 Messages

5 y ago

I had a simular experience and switching out my hdmi cable actually helped.

 

I know it does not make sense because you do have output displayed when it is starting up. But it did seem to work.

 

Or maybe try to hook it up with the old style cables(cant really rember what the hookup option is besides hdmi. RCA or coaxial??) and see if that gets you a picture for now.

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

5 y ago


@kelseyllhunt wrote:

Upgraded my comcast service last week and received my X1 cable box today. When I turn it on, I either get the welcome boot up screen, followed by the connected to my entertainment screen, to nothing, or a bright blue screen. My television defaults to a black screen, when nothing is on the input. I have a tech scheduled to come out, but the earliest they can come is sunday (superbowl!!!). I tried using the online chat feature, but to no avail. Any tips to get it working?


Unfortunately, you will need the services of the Tech onsite to evaluate and make repairs to the cable infrastructure since this is an self-install upgrade.  WHat worked with legacy cable may or may not be sufficient with the X1 platform.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
TerriB

Most Valued Poster

 • 

3K Messages

5 y ago


@Ryancrice wrote:

_

Cross posting from another thread to in here for hopefully more exposure.  Strange issue with Vertical image placement:

 

nYMVyx4

 

If you look at the image there is a black bar at the top, but also about 2 rows of pixels above that.  The pixels above the black bar actually belong to the bottom of the image.  So the Vertical placment on screen is incorrect.  Output does not matter (720,1080), Zoom is not set.  Cable and input on TV/Receiver does not matter.  Another forum member is experiencing the same issue (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Channels-are-not-all-at-the-same-screen-position/td-p/2690566).  This is random, and not always the same channel or programming.  Restarting the box does not help.  Some programs work fine OnDemand but on DVR have the issue.  Exact same program.  Sometimes one channel is fine, other times the same channel has the issue.

 

Any ideas?  Issue is only present in video, not in screen savers or menus.


When I first turn on my tv I get a line of pixels at the top of the screen that kind of blinks but it goes away rather quickly. I decided I was not to mention it on the forums and then I saw your post. With all the X1 issues I have am not going to worry over this one unless it gets bigger or stays longer...lol.

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

 • 

3K Messages

5 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

re: 1.59.08 xre and 2.2p3s2 firmware

 

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

again so didn't know it was still broken. deletefail2.jpg


Yep the ghost is 'alive' and well more than ever. Many assets just will not delete no matter what we do. This is an old problem that keeps coming back.  I get the message you show when I try to 'open' the show and try to cancel it that way rather than going over to the 'X' to delete.  The DVR service is working perfectly regardless of that message EXCEPT for the deleting part so that message is misleading.

 

New to the Community?

Start Here