CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

If somebody could outline the upstream and downstream limits for me I would really appreciate it.

My downstream center freq-705000000

recieved power-2.9 dbmV

downstream snr- 40.4

upstream freq- 36500000

upstream power-50.0

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

Phantom delete came back for me last night, if it was ever really gone...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@bradide wrote:

If somebody could outline the upstream and downstream limits for me I would really appreciate it.

My downstream center freq-705000000

recieved power-2.9 dbmV

downstream snr- 40.4

upstream freq- 36500000

upstream power-50.0

Your upstream is borderline high, everything else is well within specs. Your modem stats are almost identical.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

What should the upstream be 35-50 ish? 40 being the target?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

It went from 50 run through a unbalanced splitter to 38.5 with the amp installed. its a 4 port active return amp. Is 38.5 more in line wth specs?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, I installed an amp and afterwards my downstream power stayed the same 40.4-40.2. My upstream dropped greatly though 50.0-38.5. My box is still freezing up then rebooting at least every hour and sometimes every 15 minutes or so. I have replaced all coax in the house, along with the splitters. It almost has to be the box, in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

What kind of amp? Going from 38 on upstream to 50 is gaining not dropping. You may not have the right amp

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I pay it. But if nobody will come, it has to be done so I can get the TV I'm paying for. Febuary 18th is the next available date.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

I believe if you pay the extra $4.99 per month for the service protection plan, that they will pay for any rewiring, splitters, amps, etc....

@bradide wrote:

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to @bradide! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to Regular Visitor rank! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

ComcastAndrew has been extremely helpful here. I did not intend for you to be included by proxy in my little rant.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P12QME?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 The x1 box freezes up and reboots at least once an hour and usually every 10-15 minutes

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Now I'm reading online about the need for a "MoCA filter".... great....

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@bradide wrote:

So it's been 10 days since I "upgraded". My monthly bill went up aprox. 10 dollars even though I was told it would drop thirty. I haven't had watchable TV in this period. I have spent $180 dollars on cable, splitters, and an amplifier. I have rewired my entire house. A technition came to my house unannounced and ridiculed me for setting up an appointment when I had not recieved the x1 equipment, even though I had not set up the appointment or been notified of it. A service call that I set up was a no call no show. But hey, I "ranked up to @bradide! a minute ago"on this forum, so I got that going for me.

I love rants. What kind of amp? Does it look like attached? Is it tiling etc that's making it unwatchable 

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@bradide wrote:

I pay it. But if nobody will come, it has to be done so I can get the TV I'm paying for. Febuary 18th is the next available date.

Check your private messages.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here