CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

We upgraded our DVR to X1 a couple of weeks ago to resolve some problems we'd been having, and it's been a nightmare. It worked well for a day or two, then frequent errors (XRE-03056, XRE-03044, RDK-03032, RDK-03004) leading to a tech visit, installation of an amplifier, and subsequent outside work on the line (presumably to strengthen the signal). Then we got a couple of days of actual service.

Starting a couple of days ago, our X1 DVR started to spontaneously reboot (while not in use and while we were watching), the remote frequently gets dissosiated and I have to re-pair it, and then while watching we get "Unable to tune" errors (XRE-00021, XRE-03056, XRE-03044). Oh, and it wiped our recorded programs. So we have another tech visit scheduled.

Tonight after the usual need to re-pair the remote our friend XRE-00021 came back repeatedly, and despite trying several channels we never saw live TV. I unplugged the X1 box to reboot it, but it's stuck in "boot" (15 minutes the first time before unplugging, then more than an hour and counting). My wife is now on the phone asking about our latest credit card charge of $225.

We're not happy.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

re: 1.59.08 xre and 2.2p3s2 firmware

the dvr ghosting of a recorded asset after deletion is still there. Took several days to happen

again so didn't know it was still broken. deletefail2.jpg

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

Post REMOVED for VIOLATION of FORUM POSTING GUIDELINES. Bypassing/Circumvention of Language Filters..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My TV isn't recognizing my X1 set top box. WiFi is working still. I've swapped out the hdmi cable and reset the box mutiple times.... Help please! ??

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

@Craig9244 wrote:
My TV isn't recognizing my X1 set top box. WiFi is working still. I've swapped out the hdmi cable and reset the box mutiple times.... Help please! ??

Ensure that your TV's input is selecetd for the input you are using for the HDMI connection from the X1 Box.   Additionally, ensure that you HDMI connection in the X1 box is the OUT to TV connection and not the INPUT connection  ( it happens more often than hot )....

WiFi is not an X1 issue, but rather a function of your gateway.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

The LCD display shows what appears to be the letters Pst. anyone know what that means? It is accompanied by the RDK-03004 error on the screen.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

Answered in your thread it means "not a live or usable signal"

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

8 years ago

I've noticed a couple of times when I've paused live TV and then restarted and possibly FFed through a comercial using the 30 sec. skip feature that the program has actually skipped back about 20 minutes. This never happened with my old 3416 DVR. Is this a known problem that has a solution?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@flash333 wrote:

I've noticed a couple of times when I've paused live TV and then restarted and possibly FFed through a comercial using the 30 sec. skip feature that the program has actually skipped back about 20 minutes. This never happened with my old 3416 DVR. Is this a known problem that has a solution?

I was watching a recording yesterday where I ff or skip, and it would show a minute or 2 of content that was from pretty far in the past, then it would resume normal playback.  And I would have to rewind back and watch what I missed, this time it would show the correct content.   This is new behaviour for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Every few hours, my x1 box freezes up, shuts down and reboots. Why? I read on theese forums about an amp. I'm assuming this is external from the box, and not wired in line in the drop, right? As in outlet-- amp--x1 settop box.

Regular Contributor

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

I have one X1 DVR (PX013ANM) and four X1 STBs (SR150BNMD) in my house. Most work OK most of the time except the one STB in my bedroom. Every night it restarts - like all the rest - yet this box almost always fails to connect after restarting. It goes through all the same stuff as the others - Powering up...; Connecting to the X1 entertainment system; etc. - but then after repeating those a few times it just disconnects and I'm left with my TV's message that there is no device connected to this source. Then I have to get up and pull the plug on the X1 box, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Of course then it goes through all the same rigamarole again and finally connects and lets me watch some TV before going to sleep.

This always occurs at the restart at about 2:15 or 2:30 AM, which is when I am getting to bed and would like to watch maybe 30 minutes of TV before dropping off to sleep. Very frustrating when I have to spend almost a half hour first getting the box going again.

Why would this be likely to occur on just one of my boxes? I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!

Jim

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

@bradide wrote:

Every few hours, my x1 box freezes up, shuts down and reboots. Why? I read on theese forums about an amp. I'm assuming this is external from the box, and not wired in line in the drop, right? As in outlet-- amp--x1 settop box.

If you are having poor signal issues, the zero-loss amp may or may not help...it depends on each individual installation and how your cable infrastructure is run and in shape.  You would be best served by calling into Comcast and request a Tech onsite to diagnose and make repairs to your issue.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

@J-Mac wrote:

I have one X1 DVR (PX013ANM) and four X1 STBs (SR150BNMD) in my house. Most work OK most of the time except the one STB in my bedroom. Every night it restarts - like all the rest - yet this box almost always fails to connect after restarting. It goes through all the same stuff as the others - Powering up...; Connecting to the X1 entertainment system; etc. - but then after repeating those a few times it just disconnects and I'm left with my TV's message that there is no device connected to this source. Then I have to get up and pull the plug on the X1 box, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Of course then it goes through all the same rigamarole again and finally connects and lets me watch some TV before going to sleep.

This always occurs at the restart at about 2:15 or 2:30 AM, which is when I am getting to bed and would like to watch maybe 30 minutes of TV before dropping off to sleep. Very frustrating when I have to spend almost a half hour first getting the box going again.

Why would this be likely to occur on just one of my boxes? I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks!

Jim

If this is happening on just the single box, check to ensure all of your connections are tight at the wall, box and any splitters first.  If it continues, call 877-896-8678 and ask if the box can have the latestFW pushed down to it.  ( It might be hung on the update process since it cannot recover from the nightly reboot ).  If this fails, call for a Techonsite to diagnose and make the repairs to the delivery of the signal to that location.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@J-Mac wrote:

Thanks!

Jim

you would be upgrading at same price not losing any features but gaining features and speed of menu etc and voice remote and RF pairing (aim anywhere) by swapping out your 150s for xg2's at your local comcast store.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This has been an ongoing problem and used the chat service the last time.  They reset it from there end and it did not fix the problem.

The problem:

Every morning when I turn on the main tv, with the X1 anyroom DVR PX013ANC I have to enter the account number, phone number and reset the remote. At one point last week, it reset itself and it lasted about 3 days.  What happens is we lose the recorded shows from the DVR and even though they are in the cloud they do not reappear in the DVR.  

Please advise as soon as possible.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here