CCGwen's profile

Valued Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

6 y ago


@xolindsayox wrote:

I switched to X1 back in May and have had several issues ever since. I have several shows recording daily. I have no issues with them being available on my DVR, but when I try to watch online some don't show up. I had a series recording set, and it was on my DVR, but when I went to watch on xtv.comcast.net some shows aren't there. I spoke with 10-12 different people. Nobody seems to know what the issue is. The first time I did a chat with a tech I was told "I will have this resolved for you". Yea, well that never happened. They put a ticket in to have someone call me back. I get a call the next day and was asked what was going on. Then I was told it wasn't just me, and it was affecting other customers. It seemed OK for a couple weeks. Then it started again. Every time I speak with someone they say it will be resolved, yet it hasn't. None of them seem to have an answer. Now I have to have a tech come out, which will most likely end up costing me money. So when I had them schedule an appointment the tech apparently "had to send a signal to my cable box in order to schedule an appointment". A few minutes after haning up I started having cable issues now. I got an error code RDK-03007, and when it comes back up it tells me the channel I have on is only available with a subscription. So, I call in for an appointment and end up with more issues than when I started. What a mess...


your home equipment has nothing to do with obtaining your cloud recordings at xtv.comcast..

 

The comcast network handles making that cloud copy of the programs. Even if your power is temporarily off the cloud recordings will be made. 

 

If the cloud recordings are not there and non one deleted them you can list a couple of the 'assets' as comcast calls them, with date, channel, name of show, time of show. With that information the red-letter comcast ppl can look into your logs and determine the issue. Do remember that in progress recordings may not be available on the cloud DVR until the recording has finished.

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Companion box blue light blinking 3 times. What does that mean?

Regular Visitor

 • 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Hopefully someone can help me out.
my video settings are 16:9 and all live shows look as expected. However, most shows I record are 4:3 or movies in some strange format where is widescreen but only takes up a small portion of the actual viewing area.

Any my idea why Dvr isn't taking in 16:9 for ALL recordings???


thx.

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Minor problem:

 

A nightly news show is series recorded and watched daily on X1 dvr . Normally, I go to Xfinity > Saved > Recordings and watch after and/or during the recording. Occasionally, when I choose the recording,  I get an "episodes"  instead of "watch" option. I choose "Episodes".  On 8/25/15, the first episode listing is the 8/24 episode. The current show is 2nd and when selected, I get an "Options" option. When selected,  I get the "Just this episode" option which I select. Only then is the "watch" option offered. 

 

It appears that some flag is not set making X1 think the recording doesn't currently exist. 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

6 y ago


@davecorr wrote:

Minor problem:

 

A nightly news show is series recorded and watched daily on X1 dvr . Normally, I go to Xfinity > Saved > Recordings and watch after and/or during the recording. Occasionally, when I choose the recording,  I get an "episodes"  instead of "watch" option. I choose "Episodes".  On 8/25/15, the first episode listing is the 8/24 episode. The current show is 2nd and when selected, I get an "Options" option. When selected,  I get the "Just this episode" option which I select. Only then is the "watch" option offered. 

 

It appears that some flag is not set making X1 think the recording doesn't currently exist. 


I haven't seen that since many versions ago. The way I work around it is to use the xfinity TV Remote and select the recording there and select watch on TV.

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

I'm so frustrated. I cannot get WBZ HD (ch. 804 my zip is 02723) I keep getting error code xre 03062. I can watch in SD ch. 4. I've doesn't hours online and significant time on the phone with this issue. They did everything, ran tests from there end, refreshed signal, deactivate then reactivate box, etc. I have X1. Can anyone please help this is the only channel I'm having an issue with. I contacted WBZ they have not gotten back to me. Somebody please help I'm very frustrated. I should be getting partial credit for this channel only, on my account because of this channel.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

6 y ago


@tnormy wrote:
I'm so frustrated. I cannot get WBZ HD (ch. 804 my zip is 02723) I keep getting error code xre 03062. I can watch in SD ch. 4. I've doesn't hours online and significant time on the phone with this issue. They did everything, ran tests from there end, refreshed signal, deactivate then reactivate box, etc. I have X1. Can anyone please help this is the only channel I'm having an issue with. I contacted WBZ they have not gotten back to me. Somebody please help I'm very frustrated. I should be getting partial credit for this channel only, on my account because of this channel.

hi, another customer here. Do you have streaming services (on a smart phone with an app or via web page http://xtv.comcast.net ? If so can you tune to that channel while in home on a computer or smart phone/tablet and see if you can get the channel that way?

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Are you talking about the app vs my XR5 remote? 

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

@rustyben the Xfinity to go app does not have that channel available, not listed probably because it's a local channel? I'll try the link you gave me and let you know what happens. If it does, what does that mean & what could be causing it? Thanks for your help is appreciated.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

6 y ago


@tnormy wrote:
@Rustyben the Xfinity to go app does not have that channel available, not listed probably because it's a local channel? I'll try the link you gave me and let you know what happens. If it does, what does that mean & what could be causing it? Thanks for your help is appreciated.

the xfinity TV app streams directly from comcast bypassing home (good test if you are in home and have at least cloud streaming).

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

@rustyben WBZ (HD or SD) is available on Xfinity To Go. I don't know what else to do. Comcast had tried deactivating my box and reactivating it to no avail including sending refresh signals still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

6 y ago


@tnormy wrote:
@Rustyben WBZ (HD or SD) is available on Xfinity To Go. I don't know what else to do. Comcast had tried deactivating my box and reactivating it to no avail including sending refresh signals still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks.

ok not talking about the xfinity 'TV Go" app. There is a separate xfinity TV app for streaming in home. Did you get that app up and running? check the same channel number that you tune to on the TV using that app?

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

@rustyben oh ok, sorry no I used tv go app not the in home one. I visited the link you sent me went to watch on TV ch 804 and it changed the ch on my tv to 804 and it gave the same issue. Unless there's another app i haven't tried? Thanks again for your help sir.

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

@rustyben I ran that Xfinity app on my Android. 804 is not listed there as a channel to tune but SD ch.4 of WBZ is. It's strange only the SD version I get but not HD. I'm out of ideas lol.
Attmann

New Poster

 • 

25 Messages

6 y ago

@tnormy
There r two types of channels: TV channels we watch like CBS and frequency channels which r radio frequency signals that carry ur tv channels. Each frequency channels carries about 5 TV channels on them (these vary by what area u live in) if the signal level is low on only 1 frequency channel u will be missing only a handful of channels on ur tv. Not in any order and u would have to go to all 1000+ to figure that out. The problem is ur signal levels r low but not low enough to knock out all of ur tv. Just a few channels. Call a tech bc u need to have ur cable wiring looked at and signal levels checked. A new box won't fix that issue as boxes don't run specific channels and can't have a box with one bad channel. If a box breaks u have no channels at all. Unfortunately u need the proper tools/test equipment to fix this so u will need to get a tech (always in house never contractors) to come out before ur problem is solved. The ppl on the phone r not technicians and don't know what's wrong especially without being there to look at ur wiring. 1 tech visit will solve all ur problems. Good luck!

New to the Community?

Start Here