CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same type of issues. I have had two technicians out two separate times for two hours each both saying that all lines test perfect. I've spent five hours on the phone with technical support stating that everything looks perfect on their end. I am having the same type of issues. I have had two technicians out two separate times for two hours each both saying that all lines test perfect. I've spent five hours on the phone with technical support stating that Box is frozen while I am on phone with support and they still say it shows perfect. Asked to have them send out another technician or put me back on the old system. They said they could not schedule a technician to weeks out front as it was past the end of their second quarter. I asked them to Flag it and schedule it when they could and was told I would have to call in next week to schedule.at this point, if I could I would cancel my contract and go with files. Unfortunately Comcast is not going to let that happen. I just want TV that works. I don't want excuses, I just want it fi at this point, if I could I would cancel my contract and go with FIOS. I just want TV that works. I don't want to spend a couple hours every weekend trying to get this fixed.

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@tctc wrote:

There needs to be a way to remove content from the For You:Recently Watched immediately.  I've tried marking it unwatched, but that sometimes takes days before it goes away.  That is unacceptable when you have children in the household.  It is also unacceptable to list R+ rated content in the Recommended Because You Watched list.  

We need to be able to turn Recommened and Recently Watched off completely.  I don't want it, and I certainly don't want children to see an R rated recommendation just because I recently watched Game of Thrones.

And how many years is it going to take to get one button access to DVR content?  It blows me away that I still get taken to the same place if I press Guide or Xfinity.  That couldn't be any more ridiculous.  I have to press 4 buttons before I can start scrolling down into my recorded content.  Which on a satellite box with several seconds in between each press is a horrible user experience.

Not being able to set the Xfinity button to open to Recordings, or at the very least default to opening where I was last, is just weak.  More 1990s era UI.  And again, a good solid half an hour of programming for someone to fix it.

Correction.  The For You:Recently Watched generally goes away in a few minutes.

The On Demand: Recent TV shows I can't get rid of at all.

Hi tctc,

Navigate to Settings>Preferences>General. There you can toggle both "Recently Viewed Content" and "Recommendations Based on History" On and Off. Turn them off, if you do not wish to have them.

Gwen

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Gwen.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastGwen wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@tctc wrote:

There needs to be a way to remove content from the For You:Recently Watched immediately.  I've tried marking it unwatched, but that sometimes takes days before it goes away.  That is unacceptable when you have children in the household.  It is also unacceptable to list R+ rated content in the Recommended Because You Watched list.  

We need to be able to turn Recommened and Recently Watched off completely.  I don't want it, and I certainly don't want children to see an R rated recommendation just because I recently watched Game of Thrones.

And how many years is it going to take to get one button access to DVR content?  It blows me away that I still get taken to the same place if I press Guide or Xfinity.  That couldn't be any more ridiculous.  I have to press 4 buttons before I can start scrolling down into my recorded content.  Which on a satellite box with several seconds in between each press is a horrible user experience.

Not being able to set the Xfinity button to open to Recordings, or at the very least default to opening where I was last, is just weak.  More 1990s era UI.  And again, a good solid half an hour of programming for someone to fix it.

Correction.  The For You:Recently Watched generally goes away in a few minutes.

The On Demand: Recent TV shows I can't get rid of at all.

Hi tctc,

Navigate to Settings>Preferences>General. There you can toggle both "Recently Viewed Content" and "Recommendations Based on History" On and Off. Turn them off, if you do not wish to have them.

Gwen

HI Gwen, hate to say it, but this doesn't solve my problem, which is a serious UI issue.  Hopefully you have another suggestion?

Turning off the Recommendations works fine, and turning off Recently Viewed also gets the content out of the On Demand / Recent TV Shows, which would be an acceptable solution, except that it also turns off the Last Watched functionality.  Which doesn't need to be turned off, because it can be managed via the D button.  Since there in no longer a Back/Swap button, the only way to go back and forth between channels is with Last, which is now turned off... aaannd I'm back to 1970s functionality with yet another feature...

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

It is time for me & X1 to part ways. This week, from Tuesday to today (Saturday), connection issues (from 11 am - at least 8 pm with last night it was off until 11 pm. Have had Technician after Technician come out - including the Technician Supervisor. Going back to basic!

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

@Crimsonutes wrote:

I have the same problem and I've seen at least one other thread with the same issue. I too spent 30 mins on the phone with tech support the day after my new system was installed. The main box works fine, but the mini box has no signal. I went through the same common support options (check cables, reset box, etc). They told me to take it to the comcast place to get a new one, which I haven't done.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think this is an equipment issue. When the tech installed, he said the mini's were having trouble accessing the activation servers and to just keep trying. Well, I managed to get it activated (because it asked me to assign a description to the box), but it has never worked. It either stays at a black screen after the initial boot screens, or gives me the red screen with error code RDK 03031. Another user reported the same issue and a tech installed a signal amplifier.

My point is, it sounds like this is a back-end problem but I'd love to hear if anyone has their issue resolved.

To be sure.... move the mini-box to the working cable outlet the main box is on....   this will prove your point without a doubt....

-=Ray=-

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem and I've seen at least one other thread with the same issue. I too spent 30 mins on the phone with tech support the day after my new system was installed. The main box works fine, but the mini box has no signal. I went through the same common support options (check cables, reset box, etc). They told me to take it to the comcast place to get a new one, which I haven't done.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think this is an equipment issue. When the tech installed, he said the mini's were having trouble accessing the activation servers and to just keep trying. Well, I managed to get it activated (because it asked me to assign a description to the box), but it has never worked. It either stays at a black screen after the initial boot screens, or gives me the red screen with error code RDK 03031. Another user reported the same issue and a tech installed a signal amplifier.

My point is, it sounds like this is a back-end problem but I'd love to hear if anyone has their issue resolved.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

Not if something in the backend has turned off the moca. Waiting on higher verification myself from a couple of the other threads

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

To be sure.... move the mini-box to the working cable outlet the main box is on.... this will prove your point without a doubt....

-=Ray=-
_______

That won't work, the Xi3 depends on the dvr being powered on and functioning.

Perhaps he is having MOCA issues?  Too bad OP didn't state how many outlets he had active...it would have been an interesting test....

-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

It could be moca/ back end issues. There's a couple of threads with the same issue

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

To be sure.... move the mini-box to the working cable outlet the main box is on.... this will prove your point without a doubt....

-=Ray=-
_______

That won't work, the Xi3 depends on the dvr being powered on and functioning.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I enjoy using the X1 App on my Google Nexus 7 tablet to watch DVR recordings outside, but the recordings list is difficult to navigate because it shows numerous old recordings that were long since deleted from the DVR (and are unable to be played from the tablet).

The App shows the DVR 84% full, when in reality I'm currently at less than 35% full.     I wish there was a way to force the app to "re-scan" the DVR for an accurate list of recordings.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Co-sign! except the tech was in my home for six hours. I have had EXCELLENT signal strength and connectivity for years until this so-called X1 upgrade- this thing is garbage! It is loud, unreliable and I can't shut it off unless I disconnect it from power!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Disagree that it means nothing as without a strong signal, you dont get speeds like that and its a general indicator of signal strength/quality.

Regardless, my cable comes into the house and splits two ways to the modem and to the X1 box - there is no powered amplifier.

Not sure why X1 is a complicated setup as I have exactly one box and connected directly to the new feed from the street, HBO and a few other HD channels freeze...

I can't see taking time off to meet a tech before trying a factory reset as when I first installed the box there were all sorts of provisioning issues that were eventually ironed out through a dozen phone calls (no changes on my side to equipment or cabling btw).

thanks for the response.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I would like to factory reset my X1 box .  The initial install months ago did not go smoothly, and although its working for the most part, HBO HD, MAX HD, and some other premium HD channels all either don't load or play for a few seconds and then freeze.   All other HD channels work just fine.

I have connected directly to the cable feed coming into the house without a splitter and the box does the same thing, and the line to the house is new for this install so I don't think its a signal issue.

My internet connection gets 122Mbps down consistently so again, signal doesnt seem to be an issue.

Can anyone walk me through a factory reset?  I wont be home at a time when a tech comes out for months so I'd like to try this first and phone support has done their remote reset stuff without any luck (they said it "kicked them out of the reset" and had me power cycle it manually which also doesn't sound right.

thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here