CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@aross61175 wrote:

I have (2) X1 boxes. I have one in my living room and one in my bed room. When I schedule a series recording in my living room it records the shows in my bed room and I can't watch it in the living room. It used to work fine but a fews weeks ago it started messing up. Any ideas why my recordings aren't recording where they should?

assumption: you mean you have 2 x1 DVRs. If not, disregard this post. Comcast some months ago now has changed multiple DVR homes to 'whole home' service. the series priority list and 'decision' on where to record shows id done by the comcast servers. With whole home, you can watch any recording on any of your DVRs on any of your X1 comcast equipment (dvr/companion). If you can see but are not able to play a recording look on the back of each of your dvrs where the cable attaches to the DVR. if there is an approx 2 inch extra inline 'device' unscrew it and reattach cable. your devices will then not only be able to see but to play the shows.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

@aross61175 wrote:

Yes I have 2   X1 dvr boxes but I cant see the recording in my living room which is were I set it to record. The recording shows up on the other box in my bed room

Remove any moca filters that have been placed between the DVRs. After that you may need to rebbot both boxes. This will make both DVRs talk again. Like Rusty said above, it doesnt matter anymore where you set something tho record. It will record where ever it wants to. however with the filters removed you will have playback anywhere in the home!

The filter will look something like this following link, just keep in mind that there must be one left at the cable coming to the home!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201196655316?lpid=82

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I do exactly the same thing, but it never sticks. As soon as I go back to audio settings on the X1 DVR it's no longer set on surround, but the sound itself doesn't change to surround for even a second, let alone days. I've given up and I'm exploring Direct TV as an option, since I'm way past any time limit for a package discount. Also may consider reverting back to 'normal' Comcast service instead of X1, oh vey

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

Leedoug, this issue is known and a fix is on the way soon. The reasons you're seeing this issue are explained in the link I posted above.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

In most cases that rate code is free. Both of you DVRs say xg1a or xg1p under the power button? Also when say that the only moca filter you see is outside and it is between the splitter and the line coming from street? Sometimes techs will place these filters on the back of the box or on a secondary splitter.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

And you have the "anyroom" rate code on your bill?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

There is only one of those filters and its outside and none one either box....it tells me i need to check the to see if the other box is plugged on or powered on

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

@gotpizza wrote:
And you have the "anyroom" rate code on your bill?

it says anyroom dvr 10.00 on bill

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi there,

I was talking to a comcast support person who said I could come here and ask my question if she was unable to help me. Well my problem persists past my call. Anyway my issue is I am unable to access the Recorded shows on my non DVR X1 Cable box, which is upsetting. I schedualed the recordings on my non DVR box and they are available on my DVR but I cant get them to play back on my non DVR box once they're there. Also something noteworthy is that the way my house is wired for cable/internet/phone. There are two lines comming from the telephone pole which connect to different parts of my house. The DVR and phone are connected to one of the lines, but my non DVR box and modem are connected to a different line. Could that be casuing the problem? Also, would plugging both my boxes into my router solve this problem so if it is a communication issue they could, in theory, communicate?

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Onetrillion wrote:

Hi there,

I was talking to a comcast support person who said I could come here and ask my question if she was unable to help me. Well my problem persists past my call. Anyway my issue is I am unable to access the Recorded shows on my non DVR X1 Cable box, which is upsetting. I schedualed the recordings on my non DVR box and they are available on my DVR but I cant get them to play back on my non DVR box once they're there. Also something noteworthy is that the way my house is wired for cable/internet/phone. There are two lines comming from the telephone pole which connect to different parts of my house. The DVR and phone are connected to one of the lines, but my non DVR box and modem are connected to a different line. Could that be casuing the problem? Also, would plugging both my boxes into my router solve this problem so if it is a communication issue they could, in theory, communicate?

It is real common in New England states to have two lines coming to the home. You are going to have to get the two boxes on the same "drop" in order for the thing to work.
As for the router idea, wont do a thing! Each X1 box has its own modem, and that port on the back does nothing except confuse people!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Coping the issue here - as I Just noticed this thread

Please see the issue below: 

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V671

Projector: Panasonic AE8000,

I used to have this setup work great till the past 3 weeks. Now, it's not longer working. The video / Audio via HDMI no longer shows anything on the projector and the X1 box keeps restarting itself. 

I had the box replaced as well, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

The setup is as follows: 

- X1 box HDMI to HDMI 1 input on the Yamaha receiver

- HDMI to Projector. 

- If I connect directly between Projector and X1 box, the setup is done and that bit works.

- I then switch inputs from direct to via the receiver and I get a screen with a purple tint to it.

- At which point the box is very laggy. After a few minutes, it restarts it self.

- And then tries to re-configure it self but then its just stuck - The X1 Box Screen never shows up again and then it re-starts and goes through the same process again. 

It seems the issue has something to do with the HDMI resolution. As I can see in the Video Display - it says unknown HD when the projector is on. So somehow something in the box is not able to recognize it? 

The Receiver shows the right input to the output resolution using the information.

I believe there was a new firmware update to the X1 boxes on Nov 16th ish. Which co-incides with the box not working.

Is there some other way to get this working?

Thanks

Mihir

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

had another recording at random fail to record. Last man standing, 12/13/2014 7:00pm (central time) channel 432.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

We have the same problems with X1 Box- Picture Pixilates, then freezes on all channels. Our other TV's work fine, just the one connected to the X1 Box.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

hi guys, the problem i'm having is that i woke up this morning and the main x1 box is displaying an error code of RDK-03003.  I have already done the "pull the plug for 10 sec. then replace" i have done the "hold the power button down for 30 sec to do a hard reboot" and nothing has worked yet can anyone help me?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I received my x1 yesterday.  could not activate.  called xfinity.  after 4 reps they said call for tech (2 day wait). I unplugged and reinstalled old dvr1.   this morning I decided to call again.  it only took a few minutes and my x1 was running. sometimes it is just a matter of who you talk to.  it was something on how the account was set up she said...  working like a top...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here