CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Day 10. Progress of a sort. Yesterday the cloud starting working for me. I was in an eligible area but it didn't work. Yesterday, I was prompted to accept terms of service and some recordings were there that weren't on the x1 box. I am able to watch them on a device. Today I used to chat to speak to Comcast. Tech was able to ping my boxes and after reboot recordings were available again but only those from prior to the outage 10 days ago. My normal scheduled recordings are scheduled as usual beginning next week. The ones for this week are not showing as scheduled recordings. If I check the onscreen guide, those recordings are all appearing. They seem to have recorded and are showing up in the cloud but still not on the box. The dvr manager on comcast.net does not show my boxes labeled as they are in the box. The tech confirmed the boxes are labeled as i set them "living room, family room, and master bedroom". Dvr manager shows them as TV1, family room and master bedroom. Tech said it should correct on the website in about 90 minutes. It's been 3 hours and no luck.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

For the last month I have been getting a shaded screen on the bottom half on any program that is being played back on the DVR.   Has anyone else noticed this?   I just want to know if it is a Comcast screw up on the software or is my box causing issues.  This happens on my satellite box as well.  It only happens on recorded program playback.   The quickest way to get back to a clear screen I have to delete the last watched entry for the program that I am watching of the last watched list.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Our boxes do this all the time.  We have to reset the box to get it to go away.  Extremely annoying.  It usually happens when I select something from the Last Viewed menu, which has a black background.  When I start the show, the menu goes away but the background stays.  I've gotten so fed up with it that sometimes I just watch the stinkin show that way because I'm so tired of constantly rebooting.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@driveway2 wrote:

Our boxes do this all the time.  We have to reset the box to get it to go away.  Extremely annoying.  It usually happens when I select something from the Last Viewed menu, which has a black background.  When I start the show, the menu goes away but the background stays.  I've gotten so fed up with it that sometimes I just watch the stinkin show that way because I'm so tired of constantly rebooting.

hit the LAST button. Let it fill in the bottom part of the screen, when it finishes, hit EXIT button.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate the suggestion, but we tried that and it didn't work.  We've also tried changing channels, going to the guide, going to the DVR menu, staring something new on the DVR....nothing works except restting the box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

This is ridiculous 3 days with the same X1 issues everyone here is complaining about.  Located in Miami.  Amazing that the Comcast techs seem to use us as beta testers.  Ive had X1 for about 5 months with no issues, now its been a cluster for the last 2 weeks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@driveway2 wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion, but we tried that and it didn't work.  We've also tried changing channels, going to the guide, going to the DVR menu, staring something new on the DVR....nothing works except restting the box.

would be great if we knew what version you are running (gear>about).

you can reset the box without rebooting it (removing the dark shading) by pressing and releasing the x1's power button (puts it in standby mode recordings continue) then waiting 5-10 seconds and pressing button again in same way.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 years ago

This is ridiculous 3 days with the same X1 issues everyone here is complaining about. Located in Miami. Amazing that the Comcast techs seem to use us as beta testers. Ive had X1 for about 5 months with no issues, now its been a cluster for the last 2 weeks.

Looks like you had an outage in your area, affecting all services, , all your equipment is up and in spec, except for your secondary box ( a little high on the upstream levels)

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Try deleting or clearing your last watched menu.  Open last watched then push D, the triangle, and delete the one for the program you are watching and if that doesn't do it delete the whole list.   I have had my X1 for almost a year now with the xappl-XRE.47P12 release version on the Xfinity box with green round led on the power button.  I don't have a model and I'm not going to pull it out to look at the back at this time.  This only started with the last few updates.  Another thing I wish they would stop advertising on the last watched menu.  Last Watched doesn't mean hey, we want you to watch.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We just switched to Comcast and have had nothing but trouble. I've read these post and have reset, unplugged, reset and unplugged until I am blue in the face. Everyone says they have trouble with the tv and their modem is out as well. Well our internet is good every time the tv goes out, freezes, won't stop fast forwarding, etc. I am going to start calling in everything's we have trouble so it is documented and keep notes myself in case this gets to a litigation point. Should have stayed with Direct TV. Spent a little more, but service was active 95% of the time.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to update that I just got back home and X1 is working smoothly as of now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I am writing about the secondary X1 box. I have to reboot the box every day. At least one or more functions do not work on a daily basis. Is this normal?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

"We're having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform."

No, your customers are.  Connecting to ths ridiculous kludge was a horrible mistake.

36 years with Comcast starting with Viacom, maybe 12 minor issues.

More than 12 "issues" every day with this incredibly shoddy product.

"This might be temporary."

"Temporary"...what  a fine word.  Temporary ever since I was suckered into this mess.  Sometimes it doesn't happen every day for a while..."Temporary" until the next day?  That's a program bug, not an "incident."

Seriously, is this junk some kind of social experiment to see how much screwing people will tolerate?

The old way was far better in every way.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Most of the ridiculous problems people are having are due to bad wiring, etc., it says here.

Internet working without any sign of problem.

Phone works.  Strong dial tone.

Most TV functions work.  Clear HD picture on all channels, just like what I had before my Xfinity mistake.

Some TV functions fail miserably...but although it would be trivial to do it, I don't get a message on my TV saying I have a weak signal.    Weird.

It isn't a weak signal.  It's amateurish "X1 Platform" programming.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Most of the issues are cause by signal problems..Just because your internet, phone, and TV works fine doesn't mean your UI will work fine e.without good signals between your cablebox and the server the UI will fail every time....
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here